Diamond Resorts International Sales Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Entry Specialist
at Diamond Resorts International Sales Center
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: SP-0000EK
Under general supervision, the Data Entry Specialist is responsible for implementing rate changes, compiling market intelligence, and maintaining technology used to achieve revenue goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Implements all rate changes from Revenue Supervisors.
- Loads and updates rates in the revenue management system, and on the Online Travel Agents (OTAs) through the channel manager or the various extranets.
- Maintains rate spreadsheets with current and accurate information.
- Sets up and loads initial rates for specified region.
- Builds and maintains opaque promotions.
- Runs rate shopping reports and distribute to key team members prior to weekly property reviews.
- Ensures rate parity is maintained across all distribution channels including the revenue management system and DiamondResortsandHotels.com.
- Manages rate setup for related departments (i.e. e-commerce, hotel marketing, etc.).
- Completes setup for flash sales.
- Ad hoc reporting to gather essential data to aid in analysis.
- Assists with resort analysis as required.
- Completes all required Company trainings and compliance courses as assigned.
- Adheres to Company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- No prior experience or training required.
- No supervisory experience required.
- This position does not include any supervisory responsibilities.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS
- This position does not require licenses or certifications.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
This position requires the capability to understand and follow both oral and written directions as well as knowledge and usage of correct business English and office practices. Must be able to communicate effectively with others, analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working relationships, and interact successfully with internal and external customers.
Specific skills and abilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of revenue management and study.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Understand how to develop and implement business strategies.
- Proficient in time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to changes.
- Recognizes an emergency situation and takes appropriate action.
- Able to establish and maintain a cooperative working relation.
- Ability to interpret and create spreadsheets.
- Able to use sound judgment; work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, with impending deadlines and/or established timeframes.
- Performs well with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.
- Intermediate math skills.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate how We Love to Say Yes™ by maintaining the highest standards of professionalism when interacting with team members, management, members, owners, and guests.
- 10% travel required.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Hands to Fingers: Picking, pinching, typing, or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
- Repetitive Motion: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Close Vision: Clear vision at 20 inches or less. Required to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading or visual inspections.
- Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a minor amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- No exposure to adverse environmental conditions (typical office/administrative setting).
This job description indicates, in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of team members in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific team member. Nothing in this job description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and team members.
The Essential Job Functions, Physical Requirements, and Work Environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job.