DNV GL Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electrical & Automation Surveyor
at DNV GL Group
- Requisition ID
- Business Area
- Position Type
- Permanent employment
Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL – Maritime Region Americas is seeking an Electrical and Automation Surveyor to join our Miami Cruise Center. As an electrical and automation surveyor, you will also work as a Technical Support Manager, Surveyor and Auditor, and be member of a highly qualified team of technical experts serving the cruise industry and the cruise ships calling at ports in the Caribbean.
Tasks may include
- Surveys and certification mainly of electrical components and control/monitoring equipment.
- Survey of electrical and automation installations onboard ships
- Supervision in connection with new construction and retrofit
- Ensure that the work or duties performed are in accordance with the Rules, Regulations, Instructions, Guidelines and quality requirements of the organization and the instructions of the line management
- Maintain the confidentiality of Clients' business, processes, designs, developments and documentation at all times
- When applicable, to supervise the work of others and ensure that it is carried out as above and in an efficient and economic manner
- Communicate to line management at the earliest appropriate opportunity if in receipt of information that is important to the reputation or integrity of the organization
- Exhibit customer oriented focus through promoting DNV GL onboard or on-site, and by acting as a technical resource for customer questions
- Bachelor degree as an Electrical Engineer or Electronic Engineer. Technical degree will be considered; University degree is preferred
- 5+ yrs of experience in Marine industry
- Technical competencies: DNV GL qualifications within Electrical and Automation Systems or similar from the marine industry
- Behavioral competencies: Team player, but able to work independently on surveys.
- Travel requirement (% of the year) 45% primarily to Caribbean islands
- Physical abilities necessary to perform regular functions of the job: Climbing pilot ladders & tanks, flying, flying in helicopter, crew boat launches, voyage surveys
- Language: English Speaking / Writing proficiency
We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!