ECS Federal, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Engineer Sr / Military Analyst SME
at ECS Federal, Inc.
ECS is seeking a Systems Engineer Sr / Military Analyst SME to work in our Orlando, FL office.
The mission of the United States (U.S.) Army Program Executive Office for Simulation, Training and Instrumentation (PEO STRI) is to develop, acquire, provide, and sustain simulation, training, testing and modeling solutions to optimize warfighter readiness. PEO STRI’s vision is to be the provider of choice for simulation, training and testing solutions to optimize soldier and unit readiness. PEO STRI provides training aids, devices, simulators, simulations, instrumentation, targets and threat simulators for training and testing.
The SETA II contract provides Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) to PEO STRI and limited requirements of PEO STRI customers, related to PEO STRI’s mission.
PEO STRI requires a Systems Engineer Sr. / Military Analyst SME support. Provide systems engineering support to an Integrated Product Team. Prepare, maintain, review and revise program documentation necessary to undertake and manage systems and services. Assess contractor’s technical, cost and schedule performance in the concept formulation design, development, verification, manufacturing, deployment, operations, support and disposal of test and training instrumentation, targets and threat systems/simulators. Coordinate with functional elements, plan, collect data, prepare and update Systems Engineering Plans (SEP) defining how the systems engineering process is applied and tailored to meet objectives for each acquisition phase of a program and methods by which all system requirements having technical content, technical staffing, and technical management will be implemented.
Analyze military operational requirements in the form of Initial Capabilities Documents (ICD), Capability Development Documents (CDD)), Capability Production Documents (CPD). Review physical system decompositions and allocated baselines typically established by development contractors in the form of system and subsystem development specifications and software requirements and interface specifications, and ensure accuracy, completeness, testability and traceability to Government functional baselines and contract specifications. Provide technical evaluations of contractor performance and provide technical representation of the project office at progress reviews, design reviews, technical interchange meetings and other SE oriented meetings and reviews with development contractors. Inform project management and other IPT members of project status and track and ensure completion of actions and resolution of issues
This position assists in the organization’s execution of the Joint Capabilities Integration Development System (JCIDS) in accordance with Training & Doctrine Command TRADOC Regulation (TR) 71-20, "Concept Development, Capabilities Determination, and Capabilities Integration". This position assists in determining, documenting, and processing warfighting concepts, future operational capabilities, and Doctrine, Organization, Training, Materiel, Leadership and Education, Personnel and Facilities (DOTMLPF) requirements. This position assesses concepts to identify gaps in required capabilities and makes recommendations to develop and manage the integration of DOTMLPF solutions and the development of JCIDS capability documents. This position assists in a line capacity in supporting, one or more programs, including appropriate supporting service organizations, when the paramount qualification requirement of the positions is management and executive knowledge and ability.
A SME is an individual whose qualifications and/or particular expertise are exceptional and/or highly unique. SMEs typically perform the following kinds of functions: initiates and/or develops requirements from a project’s inception to conclusion for complex to extremely complex programs; provides strategic advice, technical guidance and expertise to program and project staff; provides detailed analysis, evaluation and recommendations for improvements, optimization development, and/or maintenance efforts for client-specific or mission critical challenges/issues; consults with client to define need or problem supervises studies and leads surveys to collect and analyze data to provide advice and recommend solutions.
- Must have a Secret Clearance
- Knowledge and Skills of management concepts, principles, methods, practices, analytical analysis, and processes.
- Requires a broad technical background and experience in various functions such as; a full and in-depth understanding of procedures and authorization and appropriation processes, and a strong management background.
- Knowledge of the full range of principles, concepts, and methodology associated with project management to include planning and completing assigned workload.
- Knowledge of the policies and procedures of the functional and administrative areas such as finance and accounting, budget, legal, and information management to coordinate and resolve questions/problems.
- Knowledge of program planning and budgeting cycles.
- Ability to execute projects and/or studies within established financial and time constraints.
- Ability to interpret and apply rules, regulations, and procedures
- Knowledge of acquisition, development, fielding and life cycle support of simulations, simulators, training and instrumentation systems.
- Knowledge of current modeling and simulation principles, techniques, processes, regulations, and policies.
- Knowledge of the DOD Planning, Programming Budgeting and Execution System (PPBES) and its relationship to systems acquisition/program management activities.
- Knowledge of policies, programs, organizations, functions, resources, and legislation affecting the program/product/service(s) and the organizations studied or served, and related customers, functions, resources, and users.
- Ability to stratify resources against approved programs and services to analyze impacts on programs and services; and to forecast long term funding requirements.
- Ability to plan and execute complex, multi-faceted projects within established financial and time constraints.
- Ability to organize and lead special (study/project) teams and task forces with members from different organizations and commands.
- Knowledge of DOD acquisition and life cycle management policies, procedures, and practices.
- Should be certified as a Project Management Professional (PMP) or Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act of 1990 (DAWIA) Level III in Program Management (PM)
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.