EnPro Industries, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CNC Machinist (2nd Shift)
at EnPro Industries, inc.
Produce precision parts by use of CNC Mills and Lathes.
- Operates and adjusts CNC machines such as, but not limited to: mills, lathes, etc. in production of complex parts, assemblies, tool jigs and fixtures.
- Works from drawings, sketches, or verbal instructions to produce work to close tolerances.
- Uses appropriate shop math and trig to develop proper methods, and through experience and training is able to select appropriate feeds, speeds, and tools.
- Performs complex set-ups for self and/or others.
- Has thorough knowledge of use and application of inspection and test tools and gages to assure part conformance to drawing requirements.
- Uses and interprets appropriate statistical quality data and is able to identify quality problems through use of said data.
- High school Diploma or GED is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a machine shop working with CNC lathes and/or mills.
- Must be able to read blue prints and have training or education in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Must be able to use and interpret precision measuring equipment. CMM experience is a plus.
- Basic programming skills is preferred.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle and feel material, as well as reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Technetics Group.