EnPro Industries, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CNC Machinist I
at EnPro Industries, inc.
CNC Machinist I - Operator is an entry level position to perform lathe and mill tasks, learn all aspects of CNC operations, learn the trade and, as a part of the Production Team, fill in as needed in other areas in support of manufacturing. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to meet the minimum job requirements of this position.
- Maintain safe operations by identifying safety risks and adhering to safety procedures, requirements and regulations.
- Produces machined parts, assemblies, tool jigs and fixtures by operating and adjusting manual and/or CNC machines, such as, but not limited to, mills, lathes, etc.
- Performs machine set-ups, tool changes and minor program modifications with limited supervision
- Verifies settings by measuring positions and first-run pieces in accordance with standards and requirements
- Utilizes drawings, sketches, and/or verbal/written instructions to safely produce high quality close tolerance parts while detecting defects, troubleshooting malfunctioning processes and other quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintaining the work area safe, clean and organized, assisting 5S and/or general good housekeeping practices
- Performs minor machine preventative maintenance (PM), as assigned by the Maintenance Manager, Operations Manager or designated representative
- Documents daily tasks, as required, via designated logs or systems
- Participate in the “continuous improvement” and LEAN programs to improve, increase throughput and identify cost reductions.
- High School diploma/GED or Vocational School equivalent Required: Understands basic safety standards and policies
- 1-2 years of machining experience, or machining certification from an accredited trade school
- Ability to work multiple shifts a PLUS
- Basic tool and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read and understand basic blue prints and have training or education in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Ability to utilize and interpret precision measuring equipment
- Must be familiar with Manual and CNC machines, G-Codes, M-Codes, lathes and/or mills
- Must be able to understand and properly use inserts, fixtures and tooling, making minor offsets modifications with minimal supervision
- Ability to perform basic shop math
- Must possess strong attention to detail and communication skills
- Trade Certification (preferred)
- Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Experience (preferred)
- Computer literacy, including specific to operating CNC machines (preferred)
- Forklift experience and certification (preferred)
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle and feel material, as well as reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Technetics Group.