EnPro Industries, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Manufacturing Supervisor
at EnPro Industries, inc.
Technetics Group (EnPro Industries companies) is currently seeking a Manufacturing Supervisor to join our Operations team in Daytona Beach, FL. The Manufacturing Supervisor will mainly be responsible for a group of employees in a department to assure the timely and cost effective manufacturing of a high quality product. These objectives will be achieved while promoting an environment of employee empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement through lean principles, quality, and personal growth and development.
Responsibilities of the Manufacturing Supervisor:
- Works with the Planning department to coordinate production scheduling and staffing to ensure customer delivery schedules are met.
- Ensures quality and manufacturing metrics are established (yield & efficiencies).
- Identifies training needs and coordinate training for the department; in an organized and strategic fashion ensuring flexibility, and maintaining a balanced and smooth product flow.
- Leads the process of continuous improvement by means of identifying cost reduction and yield improvement opportunities.
- Continually monitors employee and departmental performance to ensure financial metrics are met (optimize efficiency, and minimize variances/discrepancies).
- Manages the payroll, attendance system, and performance standards of direct reports.
- Engages in the early stages of the NPI process for a smooth transition to production; including floor space requirements, staffing, and training.
- Assures the availability of sufficient back up tooling as well as staffing through cross training within and outside of the department to minimize downtime.
- Oversees day-to-day operations within the department.
- Delegates tasks and sets deadlines.
- Perform in process quality audits throughout the shift.
- Perform shift start-up meetings to communicate current and desired states.
- Oversee inventory cycle counts and work with Inventory Control Planner for adjustments as required.
- Audit job documentation throughout the shift to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Develop and maintain a team environment through safety, excellence and respect.
- Assist Product Engineers with process and equipment improvements
- Make recommendations regarding employee status (hire, termination, transfer)
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Material quotation and purchasing while verifying all customer driven material specifications area met.
Required Qualifications of the Manufacturing Supervisor:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Years of Experience
- 5+ years experience
- Formal training and/or certification in related manufacturing area highly preferred.
- Actual on-the-job experience in related manufacturing area required.
- Must be able to read measuring instruments required to check product quality and blueprints with an understanding of GD&T.
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a leader
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with business systems (ERP).
- Computer literate, must be familiar with computer systems including, but not limited to, MS Office programs as well as business operating systems.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment with technical understanding preferred.
- Excellent leadership, communication, presentation, facilitation and training skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment across all disciplines.
- Effective written and communication skills.
- Experience with lean principles, project management, variances, and statistics preferred
- Must be analytical and problem-solving
Benefits: Technetics offers significant career development opportunities as well as salary and benefits packages including health and life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, vacation, and paid time off.
Technetics Group combines the experience, foresight, and innovation needed to meet the demands of a rapidly advancing technological age. Our unique make-up unites the expertise of several global manufacturing locations, working toward a common goal to remain at the forefront of not just one industry, but many markets and applications.
Here at Technetics Group we strive to ensure all our employees become a part of our organizational culture and follow the five pillars of leadership. Within our dual bottom line culture, your own development and potential is given the same weight as corporate financial success.
As a division of EnPro Industries, we offer employees nearly unlimited opportunities to develop their professional interests and passions while also giving them the tools and resources to pursue their personal fulfillment outside of work.