Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
The Mail Clerk supports the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service Regional Office by performing the following tasks:
- Performs file operations and maintenance including file storage, maintenance, interfiling, consolidations, and audits and searches and respond to file requests
- Filing copies of naturalization certificates and notices and close out citizenship ceremonies
- Providing support for the processing of forms and applications used in the adjudication process
- Processing and assembling incoming regular and special handling mail using USCIS system
- Process and log incoming packages and files from other USCIS offices
- Process outgoing files and packages through UPS and FedEx systems
- Processing outgoing mail using USCIS mechanical machine
- Interoffice mail and file courier delivery within the building
- Preparing and processing manifest by checking USCIS tracking system
- Daily tasks may require sitting or standing for long periods of time
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- 1 year of related experience
- Some knowledge of Microsoft & Excel applications necessary
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust/Suitability Clearance under the Department of Homeland Security from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services
- There is a physical requirement to lift 45 lbs. or more
Mobility is frequent throughout the file room by moving on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for moving files to and from work site. The shelving of files also creates the need to be able to lift boxes overhead.
EnProVera is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and pledges to treat every associate and applicant with dignity and respect. EnProVera will hire, place, transfer, promote, recruit, advertise, solicit for employment, treat during employment, pay, and otherwise compensate, select for training, layoff, or discharge associates without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other legally protected status. EOE, including disability/vets.