Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Staff - The Villages of Dallas
at Ensign Services
Hours: Full Time
- Day to day routine maintenance and repair of heating, refrigeration air conditioning, ventilation, water and boiler equipment, washer and dryer
- Carpentry, including repair and remolding
- Assist in establishment of routine preventative maintenance program for all physical plant areas and equipment
- Repair and install plumbing, electrical, floor tile, ceiling tile and various furniture items, such as: washers, valve systems, faucets, toilet rings, drains, circuit breakers, sockets, light fixtures, motors, photo cells, hospital beds, hydraulic equipment, changing filters, etc.
- Clean equipment rooms
- Purchase supplies as instructed by Plant Manager
- Assist with inclement weather protection and repair (de-ice parking lots, etc.)
- Maintain record keeping of completed work and preventative maintenance files
- Models a service and solutions oriented attitude towards others, takes ownership in solving problems and takes the initiative to make things better, is friendly and courteous to residents, patients and co-workers
- Ensure resident/patient, visitor, and co-worker safety by remaining aware of and reporting any new or existing safety hazards
- Maintain good attendance record
- Other duties as assigned
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Prefer one or more years of technical school in related area
- Valid Texas driver’s license and clear driving record
- Ability to travel throughout DFW area
- Demonstrated two or more years of experience as a carpenter, painter, plumber, electrician, contractor or general maintenance worker with building maintenance
- Basic technical knowledge and mechanical ability to perform routine maintenance and repair on mechanical and electrical equipment
- Basic knowledge of construction principles
- Ability to read and comprehend manufacture’s instructions for repairing or installing equipment, not requiring licensed or certified personnel
- Genuine caring for and interest in the care of mature adults, handicapped people and hospice Patients
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Indoors and outdoors traveling to and from locations
through facility outside exposed to weather conditions
Will you pledge to live CAPLICO?
The Villages of Dallas’ commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world class health care. Our company mission is to dignify and transform post-acute care. Our facility’s success is dependent upon our highly motivated clinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding our company’s mission of delivering care with compassion and integrity. We value innovation and creativity in our buildings and love a healthy debate that challenges us to learn and grow.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with being a member of our culture? Are you eager to make a difference? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of providing exceptional care and making a positive impact in the lives of everyone we serve.
Customer Second: When we take care of our team first, it reflects positively on our customer care.
Accountability: We strive for quality of life and reach for high standards as a team.
Passion For Learning: We want to be at the forefront of change; there is always something we can learn.
Love One Another: Treat others the way you want to be treated. It’s simple, yet effective.
Intelligent Risk Taking: If something makes sense, we’re willing to give it a try.
Celebration: We celebrate life every day of the year with our teammates and residents.
Ownership: When everyone on the team is encouraged to take ownership of the care that they give, it positively improves their attitude, which affects everyone around them, from teammates to residents.
We would love to meet you and hear your pledge to live CAPLICO with us.
In addition to hiring Maintenance Staff who exhibit the above qualities that help us create a world class culture, we offer competitive wages, mentorship and training for new graduates, tuition reimbursement, dependent care and public transportation FSAs, cell phone and movie ticket discounts, 401(k) with matching contributions, career advancement opportunities, and medical, dental, and health insurance. Take a look at these benefits (and more!) at www.ensignbenefits.com
The Villages of Dallas
550 East Ann Arbor Avenue
Dallas, TX 75216
Unable to apply at the moment, or are you interested in hearing more about future opportunities with us? Join our talent network at https://ensignservices.jobs.net/join
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.
Ensign Services provides recruiting and placement support services to operations in the health care industry. These employers all offer a work environment where local leaders and teams are empowered to achieve superior clinical outcomes, high patient and family satisfaction, operating efficiencies, and financial performance. We engage in a collective quest to develop and support employees so they can deliver dignified, quality health care experiences to patients in the communities they serve.
It is the policy of the Company to be an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to ensuring that all conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, evaluation, transfer, promotion, discipline, determination of compensation and/or benefits, and termination of employment, for all job classifications, are based on qualifications and work record. No employment decision is made, nor does the company discriminate, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex/pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, or disability.