|Special Event Manager|
The Special Event Manager sells and markets the Lagoon Waterpark and other entertainment venues of the Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Suites & Waterpark to a diverse clientele primarily targeting locals in the greater Orlando area. This individual promotes a “DBS” (Different, Better, Special) experience and creates enthusiasm for the property’s unique and diverse offerings for the ultimate kid and family experience.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Successfully achieves booking goals on a quarterly and annual basis
- Serve as primary hotel contact for information on entertainment venues for all outside inquires and guest requests, answering related questions efficiently, and providing full follow through to resolution.
- Actively solicit and secure venue revenue through outside solicitation efforts focused on local schools, camps, recreation centers, churches and houses of worship, youth clubs, etc...
- Main conduit for all outside party sales leads for waterpark and entertainment venues; timely answering all inquiries, distributing venue sales information and formal proposals, executing client site walk-throughs, accurate intake, and generating updated Event Orders (EO).
- Working with Director of Entertainment, oversee ResortPass reservations and cabana reservations and upselling additional services and food & beverage
- Maintain all marketing and print materials related to waterpark and entertainment venues along with feature promotions, special event collateral, elevator signage, in-room collateral
- Ensure hotel's brand and vanity website (working with SecondWave) are routinely up to date with the most current venue information.
- Solicit and promote all in-room amenity programs for special occasions…birthdays, life cycle events, etc...
- Perform administrative duties such as answering phones and managing email correspondence related to waterpark and entertainment venues
- Assists with any required daily, weekly, monthly and year-end reports as required by either the sales or entertainment departments
- Support any administrative or special project needs as directed by Management Team
- Maintain consistent communication internally and throughout the hotel's operating departments.
- Liaise with Director of Entertainment and Director of Sales & Marketing to effectively plan and execute special events and initiatives, including holiday activations or large reservations
- Keeps an accurate history file of each event; writes follow up correspondence
- Perform other duties as requested by management.