Family Physicians Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Family Physicians Group
The Medical Assistant assists in the examination and treatment of patients, performing miscellaneous delegated duties under the direction of the physician; ask patients questions regarding illness or injury, take vital signs, and record information in patients’ charts. The Medical Assistant works and communicates in a positive, cooperative, considerate and caring manner with patients and clinic staff when providing information and services, when seeking assistance and when clarifying and resolving problems or improving workflow.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Greets all patients in a professional, friendly; and compassionated manner
- Maintains examination/treatment rooms in a neat and orderly manner
- Prepares examinations/treatment rooms for physicians use and ensure that appropriate supplies, equipment, and instruments are available and ready on a daily basis.
- Perform routine procedures within skill level and certification per physicians order in accordance with Company protocols and performance standards.
- Interview patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, and records information on patients’ charts.
- Correctly label laboratory specimens prior to sending to the lab, verifying lab order has been entered into patient’s electronic record.
- Print out requisitions from patient’s medical record to accompany specimen to lab when required.
- Record and document all medical information and all prescribed medications and drug samples in patient’s electronic record (i.e. vitals signs, treatments, special procedures, and/or instructions)
- Transmit new prescriptions and refills in a timely manner.
- Provide and teach basic instructions and procedures to patients regarding medical care as ordered (i.e., use of crutches, use of specific medications, etc.).
- Refers the patient to in-house and community support services when required.
- Calls patients with test results and follow up care or instructions per provider order
- Documents call details in the electronic telephone call template.
- Administer and bill for medical procedure in an accurate timely manner.
- Coordinate order for preventive care.
- Follows CLIA regulations for testing, recording results, and maintaining quality control.
- Maintains and updates office laboratory logs and weekly SharePoint.
- Coordinate orders for preventive care.
- Reviews EMR flags prior to creating a new office visit to determine patient completion of the PatientPoint depression screening.
- Traveling to specific clinics in need
Education and Experience:
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Medical Assistant Certification from AMT, AAMA, NCCT, NHA required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of Electronic Medical Records preferred.
- Knowledge of usage of medical equipment such as EKG, PFT, Nebulizer, Holter, etc. preferred.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to read and interpret medical coding and medical documents.
- Ability to be collaborative and effectively communicate with patient.
- Ability to have strong sense of urgency and use judgment to respond to emergencies.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to be flexible and open regarding changes Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Able to follow instructions, respond to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Bi-lingual in English & Spanish a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and/or sit for extended period of time. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Family Physicians Group is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.