Family Physicians Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Family Physicians Group
Our dedicated team works together to be the leading provider of clinical excellence in our community. We are always looking for talented, compassionate, qualified professionals who will embrace our culture of excellence, while delivering extraordinary care and education to our patients. We enable them to achieve the highest possible quality of life.
We currently have a great opportunity for a Nurse Practitioner for Family Practice. In this role, you will be responsible for providing primary care services, including assessing and managing patients in the clinic. In addition, you will be responsible for the overall patient care management process.Within scope of practice and in alignment with Family Physician Group and under physician supervision expectations, responsible for advanced level of nursing evaluation, clinical assessment, prescribing and monitoring medications and follow-up care for patient. Responsible for patient and family teaching.
Essential Functions and Duties:
• Establish, retain and grow strong relationships with patients.
• Effectively identifies, evaluates, and addresses disease prevention and health promotion issues of the population in the practice while administering quality patient care.
• Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff, which allows for consultation, collaboration, or referral.
• Gives directions to nursing and other staff.
• Prescribes medications and treatments and ongoing medication management. Orders lab and diagnostic tests when appropriate and interprets test results.
• Educate patients and/or families about preventive care, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications.
• Maintains legible, accurate, and confidential medical records. Documents all medical evaluations, diagnoses, procedures, treatment, outcomes, education, referrals and consultations according to established standards.
• Analyzes new knowledge gained from conferences, workshops, professional literature, or “hands-on training” and assimilates this knowledge into clinical practice.
• Examine patients, diagnose patients' medical issues, refer patients to appropriate outside treatment programs, and prescribe medications to treat various ailments.
• Promote disease prevention and patient wellness, as well as provide health counseling to individuals of various ages groups.
• Order and interpret test results and recommend treatment of patients.
• Conduct complete physicals, provide treatment and counsel patients.
• Administer therapeutic procedures.
• Provide physicians with assistance during medical procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Graduate of Accredited School offering an Advanced Degree in Nurse Practice (ARNP) required. • MSN in related field preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must be able to travel to patient homes to conduct home visits. Travel can be up to 75%.
• Prior experience and knowledge in cardiology and endocrinology is a plus.
• Knowledge of Electronic Medical Records preferred.
• Ability to read and interpret medical coding and medical documents.
• Ability to be collaborative and effectively communicate with patient.
• Ability to have strong sense of urgency and use judgment to respond to emergencies.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
• Several years of Nurse Practitioner experience with aging and patients with multiple chronic illnesses, etc. Knowledge and competency in EHR.
• Certified and able to perform CPR.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and/or sit for extended period of time. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Licenses & Certifications
Adv. Reg Nurse Practitioner
Family Physicians Group is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.