Family Physicians Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tech. Support Analyst III
at Family Physicians Group
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years Technical Support Analyst II experience. Utilize technical experience and customer service skill to performs the full range of technical support and system administration, which includes desktop operations, installing, enhancing and maintaining computers, peripherals, and mobile device configuration.
Exercises sound professional judgment in analysis of problems in order to: (1) successfully troubleshoot hardware/software solutions by phone, or (2) decide proper level of maintenance required to solve problem. Involvement in project planning; meeting service level requirements and providing excellent customer service. Desktop team leadership to ensure customer support expectations are addressed in accordance with policy, meeting service level requirements and providing excellent customer service. Monitors and mentor IT support analysts. Perform other duties assigned by the IT Director or IT Manager.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Perform complex technical and operational IT support work and systems administration and/or lead the work of others engaged in routine technical and operational IT support; organize, prioritize and may distribute work assignments; may mentor, train and provide input into evaluation of subordinate staff.
- Install, administer, maintain and upgrade desktop, laptop and some server operating systems; install, configure, repair, maintain and upgrade hardware and peripherals; install and enhance applications
- Add and delete users, including their configurations, security rights and access rights.
- Provide technical assistance to users; communicate with users and other technical staff to determine and communicate needs; recommend interfaces; assist technical staff in providing estimates; may consult on feasibility, costs and benefits of additions or enhancementsHave excellent problem-solving skills to diagnose, evaluate and resolve complex problem situations, or when appropriate, escalate or route them to appropriate IT staff members.
- Research hardware and software technologies; prepare specifications; purchase necessary hardware, software, manuals, and the like; prepare procedures documentation
- Perform root cause analysis, develop checklists for typical problems and recommend procedures and controls for problem prevention.
- This position will support multiple platforms including desktops, laptops, mobile devices and videoconferencing equipment, printers, Access Points installs, network patching. This position may require independent work, sharing information and assisting others.
- Work with multiple vendors to resolve hardware and software issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers and administrative systems
- Work closely with Systems Engineer to on system upgrades and server troubleshooting and repair
- Participate in hardware and software reviews and recommend purchases.
- Analyze and make recommendations for hardware and software standardization
- Document (1) procedure, standards, best practices configurations, settings, installation sequences on a monthly basis
- Will lead at least three projects per year
- Perform related duties as required
- Participates in the IT On Call Schedule
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent from a technical school; or 5 years related experience in software, hardware and networking field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1 year of Customer Service skills preferred
- A or Net certification
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Abilities
- 5 years of hands on Hardware\Software experience, networking, helpdesk and phone support.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair PCs from XP to Windows 10 and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Active Directory Group Policy experience
- Effective organizational, planning and time management skills
- Effective research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle incoming phone calls and speak to customers in a professional manner.
- Can handle basic level escalations, but must recognize when to escalate higher level problems to appropriate individuals
- Able to work flexible schedules to cover the 24-hour requirements of the job. This includes some nights and weekends.
- Demonstrate an ability to quickly analyze problems using deductive logic.
- Technical understanding of the Internet, URLs, and email. Experience with various applications including LAN/WAN, Active Directory, networking and Voice over IP
- Experience working with ticketing systems and/or project management software
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and/or sit for extended period of time; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.