FirstFed Financial Corp.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Employee Relations Partner
at FirstFed Financial Corp.
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Job Family
- Human Resources - Employment Practices
Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a leading national bank empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. We believe in helping customers turn their ideas into outcomes. Whether those customers are building a business or building their savings, CIT has the experience and agility to empower them to achieve their goals. At CIT, how we do business is just as important as what we do. Our social responsibility programs focus on driving financial and personal empowerment, supporting the environment and advancing wellness. CIT contributes to communities where we live, work and do business through charitable donations, community investments and employee volunteerism.
The Sr. Employee Relations Partner will be responsible for ensuring the Employee Relations strategy is implemented to accomplish both CIT’s and Human Resource’s strategic plan and goals. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Employee Relations, the successful candidate will work with the Employee Relations team, HR Business Partners, Chief Employment Counsel and management on handling employee relations matters. The incumbent will collaborate with HR Business Partners and partner with management and employees to provide guidance and consultation including, but not limited to, conflict resolution, disciplinary action, performance coaching/counseling, and policy interpretation and application.
- Provides guidance, consultation, advice and assistance to HR and management on employee relations policies, practices and employment laws to support the Employee Relations strategy
- Helps develop and interpret HR policy for HR and management
- Consults on corrective action efforts related to employee performance matters
- Conducts investigations into allegations of misconduct, reporting findings to the Law Department
- Reports on investigations to the Ethics Committee, as appropriate
- Provides guidance on disciplinary action related to policy violations
- Provide thorough and timely documentation in the ER case management system
- Create and facilitate training on employee relations topics
- Provides support for projects and programs that contribute to the employee relations strategy and CIT culture
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 8+ years of Human Resources experience in a corporate environment with a preference for HR expertise in Employee Relations
- 5+ years conducting ER investigations, partnering and coaching management
- Strong working knowledge of state and federal employment laws, including but not limited to, FMLA, ADA, FLSA, etc
- Ability to be an objected and trusted advisor for HR Business Partners, employees and management
- Superior relationship management skills with the ability to collaborate effectively and partner well with others
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Solid and sound judgement
- Ability to work independently with a sense of urgency
- Demonstrated effective problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Project management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)