Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager II
at FIS Global
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plans and coordinates all aspects of technical projects from initiation through delivery.
• Manages project initiation activities including identifying contractual obligations, client needs and goals, existing situation, necessary contacts and access to existing information as needed.
• Ensures requirements for internal technology projects align to operational standards. Develops alternate requirements or document exceptions as appropriate.
• Develops, defines and executes project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets and deliverables.
• Interacts with product development, sales, client relationship teams, technology solutions, service delivery and/or other cross-functional teams.
• Identifies needed resources for projects, defines and assigns major project roles.
• Coordinates activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client or vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope.
• Assigns and monitors work of project team providing technical and analytical support and direction. Interfaces with external clients or field-based employees on technical matters as needed.
• Manages project risks, issues/problems and activity progress to ensure project goals, e.g., deadline, scope and quality are achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
• May manage the integration of vendor/subcontractor tasks and track and review vendor/subcontractor deliverables, if appropriate for the project.
• May include customizing base products to meet client requirements, system integration with other FIS or third-party products or consulting projects and engagements.
• Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical teams, in internal organizations as well as in client and vendor/subcontractor organizations to ensure all project targets and requirements are met.
• Delivers informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups in FIS and/or in client organizations.
• Conducts project closure activities to formalize and communicate the project acceptance, handover documentation and ongoing activities to accountable teams and complete a post-implementation review to identify areas of improvement.
• May directly oversee employees assigned to manage specific project that have a distinct beginning and end. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
• Identifies project management coordination process gaps or areas for improvement, recommends and implements solutions.
• May work at client sites from time to time requiring some travel.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems or business administration or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. PMP (Project Management Professional) certification may be required.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Extensive knowledge of project management standards, processes, procedures and guidelines
• Knowledge of the industry project management best practices, i.e., Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
• Knowledge of various types of IT project methodologies and life cycles, e.g., conversions, incremental, rapid delivery, classic or traditional waterfall phases of analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and the correct project application
• Knowledge of standards relevant to the software industry , e.g., ISO, CMM, Six Sigma
• Knowledge of financial services industry
• Knowledge of company’s products and services
• Advanced skill in the use of project management software to manage projects, e.g., MS Project and auxiliary tools, such as earned value database, audit tools, project repository, including risk, issues and action items database, SLIM Estimate, Metrics and Control, PlanView, Platinum Process Continuum
• Demonstrated skill in managing project budgets and timelines
• Skill in the use of negotiation techniques to reach agreement when there are widely-differing viewpoints
• Excellent analysis, problem-solving, team, conflict management and time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to interact effectively with executive level clients
• Ability to set clear expectations, manage team performance and build high morale among team members
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and carry out assignments that are sensitive in nature
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Career level professional role. Moderate skills with high level of proficiency. Works on moderately complex assignments that require broad project management and technical skills. Generally manages medium to large projects, i.e., approximately 3,000 to 10,000 project hours with a team of 25 to 50 team members, an internal cost of $300,000 to $1,000,000, and a project duration of 4 to 12 months of medium risk and complexity. Works under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment. May consult with senior peers on complex projects or issues. Typically requires five or more years work experience managing technical projects in financial services or a related industry or a related technical field, e.g., application development, technology integration, business analysis, client technology consulting).
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here:www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
FIS™ is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies. With a long history deeply rooted in the financial services sector, FIS serves more than 14,000 institutions in over 110 countries. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., FIS employs more than 39,000 people worldwide and holds leadership positions in payment processing and banking solutions, providing software, services and outsourcing of the technology that drives financial institutions.
Join us as we redefine secure financial technology on a global level. We’re proud to be a Fortune 500 company and the world leader in the global financial technology industry. Greatness doesn’t just happen. It takes innovation, investment and a commitment to being the best at what you do. That’s why, at FIS™, we offer more than jobs with benefits. We offer the opportunity to realize your potential, push your limits and make real contributions to the financial technology industry and the world. If you share our spirit of excellence and achievement, you’re the type of person we want working beside us. We’re an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and terrific benefits in energetic work environments.
Talent, if you have it, we want it. Join the FIS Global Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?