Florida Health Care Plans
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Florida Health Care Plans
Daytona Beach , FL
Work Hours: Monday- Saturday Variable hours
The Medical Assistant performs direct patient care including vital signs, procedures and treatments under the supervision and direction of a licensed Physician and Practice Manager. Job responsibilities include: performing assigned clerical duties, maintaining and cooperating in departmental specific education, and quality improvement programs.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant Program from an accredited school or one year previous medical assistant experience in a medical practice required.
- Current certification or the ability to obtain certification through AAMA, NRCMA, or RMA with ARMA or AMT within one year of employment required.
- Current Professional Rescuer CPR certification (only acceptable programs are American Heart Association and the American Red Cross) or ability to obtain certification with 90 days of employment required.
- Ability to provide care as evidenced by schooling or experience for patients as assigned.
- MED/SURG - Adult and geriatric patients in Primary Care Suites or Specialty Unit.
- PEDIATRICS - In Primary Care Suites or Specialty.
- Ability to type twenty (20) words per minute (wpm) is required
- Strong customer service skills.
- Clear English communication skills, written and oral.
- Ability to remain professional when working under stressful situations.
- Reliable transportation and ability to drive to various facilities as needed.
- Phlebotomy skills preferred.
- Computer experience to include EHR strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding preferred.