Florida Health Care Plans
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Florida Health Care Plans
Ormond Beach, FL
Work Hours: Monday- Friday Variable
The Medical Assistant preforms direct patient care including vital signs, procedures and treatments under the supervision and direction of a licensed Physician and Practice Manager. Job responsibilities include: performing assigned clerical duties, maintaining and cooperating in department specific education, and quality improvement programs. Demonstrates a professional and caring image at all times while maintaining patient confidentiality. Adheres to the Florida Health Care Plans Policy and Procedures, practicing only within scope of education, training and/or experience.
Education, skills and experience:
• Completion of a Medical Assistant Program from an accredited school or one year previous medical assistant experience in a medical practice required.
• Current certification or the ability to obtain certification through AAMA, NAHP or RMA with ARMA or AMT within one year of employment required.
• Current Professional Rescuer CPR Certification (only acceptable programs are American Heart Association and the American Red Cross) or ability to obtain certification within 90 days of employment required.
• Ability to provide care as evidenced by schooling or experience for patient as assigned.
• MED/SURG – Adult and geriatric patients in Primary Care Suites or Specialty Unit.
• PEDIATRICS- In Primary Care Suites or Specialty.
• Ability to type twenty (20) words per minute (wpm) is required.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Clear English communication skills, written and oral.
• Ability to remain professional when working under stressful situations.
• Scribing experience a plus.
• Reliable transportation and ability to drive to various facilities as needed.