Florida Health Care Plans
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physician Office Medical Coder Trainer/Coordinator
at Florida Health Care Plans
Holly Hill, FL
Work Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
The Physician Office Medical Coder/ Biller is responsible for the Medical Practice Coding and for special projects as delegated by the POMB Supervisor. He/She will provide training for physicians and Office Staff to improve coding accuracy and to keep current with changes in the coding arena. He/she will support special projects that include their expertise in medical coding to improve process flow and daily operations. He/she will have a working knowledge of CMS, AAPC guidelines and maintain up to date knowledge of ICD-10 efforts for the future implementation. He/she will work closely with other departments through the implementation of new coding requirements.
- Associate Degree in Health Information Management preferred.
- CPC or RHIT required.
- Two years coding experience in an office and hospital coding required.
- Experience with Risk Adjustments and Management of HCC codes.
- Ability to coordinate other Medical Coders and coordinate the Medical Office Coding workload.
- Ability to conduct coding audits to ensure accuracy.
- Ability to train others and mentor other CPCs.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and create a working relationships with other departments.
- Ability to interact and teach coding content to physicians required.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to support physicians within the Medical Practices.
- Strong computer skills required including MS Office, MS Outlook and able to learn the Electronic Health Record.
- Must be able to work in an environment that is time sensitive and coordinate multiple priorities with interruptions.
- Accuracy and clarity in written and oral communication.
- Self Starter and adaptable to projects delegated by POMB Supervisor, Medical Billing Manager and / or Practice Management Administrator.