Florida SouthWestern State College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Florida SouthWestern State College
Florida SouthWestern State College is accepting resumes in search of a Library Assistant. This position requires responsible, technical work by performing complex and integral library job functions. The Library Assistant shows independent judgment and decision-making skills, within a specialty area within the Division of Libraries. Work includes assisting the professional staff in the day-to-day operations of the College Library to include circulation, reference, online access to information and other related activities. Work may include coordinating workflow within functional area and supervising student assistants.
Please click here to see the complete job description.
- Any combination of training and experience equivalent to an Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in library, media or other related field. Technical training and/or experience comparable to the above may be substituted on a year-for-year-basis.
- Adaptable to servicing non-print formats and relates to state College and community needs in automated modes of operation.
- Demonstrated experience using a personal computer, office software such as MS Office and electronic mail. Ability to use library-specific databases.
FSW Employee Benefits feature:
- Competitive health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance options to meet your needs
- Generous paid time off includes sick, personal, holidays, and winter & spring breaks
- Florida retirement membership (FRS)
- Educational and professional development opportunities for you and your dependents
Position Closes: January 3rd, 2019
Our location offers you an opportunity to enjoy the perks of working and living in paradise on a regular basis. The area offers something for everyone to enjoy a rewarding and balanced lifestyle.
If this position sounds like an opportunity to which you aspire, please submit your resume for consideration to become one of the best, the brightest, the BUCS!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.