Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Fresh Express
- Windermere, FL, USA
- Full Time
Project Manager Description:
- Facilitates and coordinates cross-functional resources to drive and execute Business and Innovation projects across the company to meet deadlines and launch timing.
- Acts as the point of contact for all company cross- functional areas for Business and Innovation projects.
- Gains alignment around scope, success criteria, timeline, cost, resources and project risk assessment. If unable to reach agreement or unable to resolve roadblocks with other functional project managers, promptly escalates for resolution.
- Monitor, recommend, and initiate changes or corrective actions for commercial issues, product design, manufacturing and services to assure compliance with design requirements, and to maintain or improve project performance.
- Probes for ways to leverage current internal and external capabilities where relevant on Business and Innovation projects. Identifies gaps in resources and capabilities and establishes alternative solutions to mitigate issues that arise.
- Works to solve for consumer needs through collaborative efforts with other cross-functional areas ensuring that all perspectives are voiced and considered.
- Acts as liaison with the Cross Functional Leaders for their approvals/decisions at key project points in the Stage Gate process (Discovery, Design, and Launch).
- Works with all functional areas to effectively communicate expectations, changes in scope, timeline, milestones, resources, risk assessment and success criteria.
- Provide input, leadership and help to coordinate the preparation and negotiation of proposals for new business opportunities.
- B.S. or Masters in Project Management, Engineering or related field (Business, Food Science, Agriculture, or Technology).
- PMP and/or other Project Management Certification preferred
- 3-5 years project management experience in a manufacturing environment leading cross-functional and non-colocated teams. Experience in Product Development projects is a plus.
- Experience in food manufacturing and/or distribution a plus; perishable experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and the ability to direct large project teams comprised of experienced associates from multiple disciplines.
- Must have superior project management skills with the ability to build a work breakdown structure, determine the critical path, bring together the resources and manage the project to completion.
- Strong business sense with an ability to see beyond the facts to the broader impact of a decision. Ability to incorporate financial implications of project direction.
- Must be a self-starter who is able to operate in an ambiguous environment, demonstrating the ability to identify problems and bring value-added business solutions.
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization and across all functions.
- Ability to gain cooperation from project team members to accomplish the required tasks without having organizational authority over them is a must
- Ability to prioritize duties in a changing environment while meeting business objectives.
- Knowledge of process improvement methodologies and capabilities.
- Ability to be a productive team member in both formal and informal settings while developing team creativity and innovation.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Bias for action.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to address issues in a timely manner.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to develop and adhere to project timeline.
- Strong documentation skills to capture meeting items and track project status.
- Ability to learn while doing and to "be a sponge" and integrate information from multiple disciplines in order to recommend courses of action when challenges arise.
- Strong follow-up skills. Ability to be pleasantly persistent with team members.
- An innate attention to detail and bias to not ignore the "little things".
Core Competencies: Execution; Decision Making; Communications; Team Management; Business Acumen; Technical Competence; Critical Thinking and Problem Solving.
Location: Windermere, Florida