Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Transportation Planner I (Entry Level)
at Fresh Express
- Windermere, FL, USA
- Full Time
Fresh Express is looking for a self-motivated Entry Level Transportation Planner for execution of day-to-day transportation operations.
Coordinate the planning and execution of day-to-day transportation operations within Fresh Express. Specific responsibility for maintaining appropriate transportation service and quality levels within the Fresh Express business segments. Work closely with customer service, sales, accounting, carrier partners and his/her peers to ensure that this is accomplished.
Daily Duties Include but are not limited to:
· Load Planning - Plan and route daily deliveries within the transportation management system to ensure that cost and service parameters are effectively achieved. Tender shipments in accordance with approved routing guides provided by Fresh Express Transportation Management.
· Delivery Coordination - Provide execution support as required in order to achieve or exceed Fresh Express on time delivery and Quality/Cold Chain performance goals. Ensure customer delivery and/or pick up date and times are met. Pro-actively communicate to sales and customer service on potential late deliveries.
· Carrier Relationship Management – Communicate with Fresh Express carriers to ensure that loads are managed properly and capacity commitments are met. Maintain positive and productive relationship with all carriers to ensure appropriate service levels are met.
· Demonstrate proficiency in working within portions of the transportation management system that involve rate maintenance, optimization, routing guides, facility/carrier profiles and settlement.
· Review own work and carrier input data to ensure accuracy and integrity of information.
- Understanding of Truckload transportation
- Carrier Management
- Understanding of Key Performance Indicators and Metrics
- High degree of interpersonal skills
- Multi-task capabilities
- Detail oriented
- Results Driven
- High degree of stress tolerance
- Solid customer service focus
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Knowledge of transportation management systems
Associates Degree OR a minimum of 1 year related work experience