GA Foods (Sunmeadow)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Route Delivery Driver
at GA Foods (Sunmeadow)
- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
- Full Time
For over forty five years, GA Foods has been creating and delivering high quality nutritious and well-balanced meals to seniors, children, military and emergency response. GA Foods sets ourselves apart with flavorful menus tailored to our client's palettes, a delivery service unmatched by the competition and an One Team attitude.
The GA Foods team is a diverse and energetic group. We are based in beautiful St. Petersburg, Florida, but can be found from California to New Jersey, Texas to Georgia...and even more locations as we have become one of the fastest growing companies in our industry. We thrive on our "One Team" company culture and promote teamwork and leadership within the organization. Looking for a job that will challenge you and motivate you to achieve your highest potential? You have come to the right place.
GA Foods is seeking to hire a Route Delivery Driver for our Ft. Lauderdale location. If you have a valid FL driver's license with a good driving record and want to make a difference in peoples' lives, this is the job for you! Our Route Delivery Drivers are responsible for delivering ready-made, hot and/or frozen/shelf stable meals to senior citizens and other at-risk populations, based on the assigned route. Compassion and empathy for those in need is a fundamental orientation our most successful employees possess.
Successful Route Delivery Driver candidates will exhibit the following attributes:
- Perfect or near perfect attendance at their previous employers
- Ability to work independently and safely
- Willingness to go above and beyond
- Determination, flexibility and dependability
- Good customer service and communication skills and a "can do" attitude
- Planning skills and attention to detail are required as well
Route Delivery Driver Requirements:
- Basic computer skills are necessary in order to utilize a tablet to record activity and general vehicle information
- Ability to carry out some physical activity, including pallet jack operation and loading and unloading of trucks is required
- Must have current DOT medical card (or are able to pass the DOT medical exam) as you will be operating a CMV straight truck
- Must successfully pass Level II criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening
- Prior route/delivery/distribution experience required
- May have access to confidential information as necessary to perform job functions, and as such, is required to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Under 1/3 Standing time
- Walk, Climb or balance
- Taste or smell
- 1/3 to 2/3 Use hands to finger/handle/feel, Reach with hands and arms
- Over 2/3: Sit, See, Talk or hear
- Ability to frequently lift up to 50 lbs
Drug-Free Work Place / Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer