Arthur J. Gallagher
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Arthur J. Gallagher
Risk Placement Services opened for business in May 1997 with four employees based in Chicago and Atlanta. Since then RPS has completed dozens of acquisitions across the United States, acquiring top talent in all aspects of insurance.
At RPS, our focus is on smart and strategic growth, as well as the needs of our retail partners. Today, our more than 1,700 associates stand ready to be a strategic business partner in marketing new and renewal business through our wholesale brokerage operations, MGAs, program managers and standard lines aggregator. We have the local knowledge, regional presence and national reach to provide the best options to our clients.
Specialties of RPS:
Wholesale Broker and Managing General Agent, Casualty, Property, Analytics, Healthcare, Workers Compensation, Transportation, Executive Lines, Technology & Cyber, Public Entity, Personal Lines.
List of Essential Duties:
- Produces revenue through sales to new and existing clients with emphasis on mid-size companies with high revenue.
- Provides service to clients according to their needs, retaining them as clients.
- Participates in team sales situations with other producers and support personnel.
- May manage overall client relationships and is supported by day-to-day account management.
- Assists, educates and develops other staff members in new client sales situations and existing client service requirements.
- Applies industry technologies to new sales, additional sales to existing clients and account service.
- Provides direction in account transfer situations.
- Prepares and implements an individual business plan and production budget.
- Develops and maintains interdivision/intercompany relationships consistent with our corporate culture.
- Bachelor's degree, 1 year related experience, and appropriate insurance licensing required OR;
Bachelor's degree, participation in Gallagher's Sales Internship Program (GSIP), and appropriate insurance licensing required OR;
High School Diploma/GED and 6 years experience with appropriate insurance licensing required
- Professional certification preferred (CEBS, CPCU, CIC or ARM)
- Acts independently with minimal direction
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
- Unrestricted work authorization to work in the U.S. For U.S. employment opportunities, Risk Placement Services, Inc. hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H, or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. RPS will require proof of work authorization.
- Willing to execute RPS' Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure.
RPS offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Risk Placement Services, Inc. is a division of Arthur J. Gallagher and believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, RPS will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.