General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
LCS Design Engineering Production and Sustainment (DEPS) Technical Writer
at General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems
- 2 weeks ago
- Employment Type
- Full Time
High School Diploma or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a LCS Design Engineering Production and Sustainment (DEPS) Mission Module Technical Writer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
The LCS DEPS Mission Module (MM) Technical Writer tasks will include creating, developing, planning, writing and editing technical manuals, maintenance or test procedures for paper, multimedia or web-based publication. The candidate will perform a variety of duties supporting Corrective Maintenance, Emergent Repair, and Preventative Maintenance involving GDMS Mission Module support of Littoral Combat Ship (LCS). The candidate will be responsible for the status and grooming of the assigned system under the direction of the Site lead/Deputy Program Management of Engineering (DPME).
- Conducts interviews with various users and technical staff to gather data for documentation
- Researches and translates technical information into manuals and/or web-based documents for non-technical and technical users
- Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals
- Recommends formats responsive to technical and customer requirements
- Produces products that conform to the company documentation and quality assurance standards
- Develop and draft 4E Specifications and Basis of Estimations (BOEs) in accordance with Joint Fleet Maintenance Manual (JFMM) in accordance with the timeline provided by the Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Participates on the engineering work team and supports other team members in experimental design, materials, equipment setup/maintenance and related issues
The candidate will be based in Mayport, Fl and will support the LCS platforms, including travel to other domestic ports and OCONUS ports as appropriate. The selected candidate will be expected to travel 20% of the time supporting Littoral Combat Ships (LCS-class ships) and will work within the parameters and rules common to U.S. Naval vessels.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The LCS DEPS Mission Module Technical Writer will assist in the documentation of engineering processes and specifications by editing software developer and engineering staff’s notes and procedures and applying formatting in order to support the writing and publication of hardware and software test procedures, and white papers. The candidate will prepare for and support mission module Readiness in the following areas:
- Ensures accurate preparation of documents for interim and final delivery to customer by participating in peer review of documentation; work is reviewed by senior staff at frequent intervals
- Logistics, material, and safety responsibilities as it relates to the Mission Modules.
- Planned Maintenance (PMS) Planning
- Current Maintenance Planning (CSMP)
- Ship and Shore Availability Execution
- Navy Quality Assurance/Control
- This individual must have strong oral and written communication skills and be proficient with typical PC applications to include Word, Project, Excel and Access
- Professional etiquette and ability to operate effectively in a distributed team environment and effectively communicate customer initiatives, strategy and mission needs
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Formally trained, operated and maintained Navy's Surface Warfare (SUW), Mine Countermeasure (MCM) and systems and inter-workings of the LCS Class MM program
- Familiar with U.S. Naval protocol and the ability to work directly with interfaces in uniform and with engineers in other companies - Superior organizational and time management skills
- Familiar with U.S. Navy Work Authorization Forms (WAF) and Tag-Out Programs
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran