Kindred at Home
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Home Health RN Care Transition Liaison
at Kindred at Home
I believe that better care begins at home.
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence – that’s what our patients have come to expect from our clinicians. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
As a RN Care Transition Liaison, you will:
- Develop/maintain contact with key physicians, hospital, skilled nursing or rehabilitation facility discharge planning services and/or management to provide ongoing updates on Company’s home healthcare service, specialty and/or product offerings available in a market. Promote exemplary customer service to physicians, facility personnel, patient and patient family at all times.
- Primarily conduct pre-discharge facility visits at the physicians' request to determine the need/eligibility for home care.
- Ensure effective communication and collaboration with branch staff and field sales resources via weekly meetings. Actively participate in weekly branch sales/operation meeting, bringing relative data, reports for review as well as information regarding changes within accounts and referral sources.
- Assist branch in timely processing of physician orders.
- Inform hospital personnel, patient and/or patient family of case acceptance and documents all demographic, clinical, payer and other information as required on company approved forms to support diagnosis and home healthcare orders. Provide input to care plan development and informs the Company location clinical staff (e.g. Intake Specialist, Director Clinical Management, and/or Manager Clinical Practice) of patient’s acceptance, and ensures that patient’s needs are appropriately matched.
- Work collaboratively with Hospice Division counterparts as applicable, representing the Company’s comprehensive home health and hospice deliverables.
- Abide by all operational compliance with internal controls and reporting.
- Provide education and/or continuing education programs for referral sources within guidelines of company policy. Utilize appropriate company resources to maintain and develop business opportunities. Maintain market awareness and prepare competitive updates.
- Work with field sales positions, specialty directors and others to prioritize accounts in accordance with the market/territory sales plans ensuring effective maintenance, business development and territory management of assigned accounts.
- Maintain assigned referral source roster and territory management system records.
- Actively participate with branch in development of business and market growth plans.
- Maintain positive relationships with referral sources and community organizations, facilitate communication between referral sources, client and family populations, and attend professional organization meetings.
- Participate in special projects, quarterly Blitz events, specialty program launches and perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.
- Registered Nurse Licensure required in state of practice.
- A minimum of three years clinical experience.
- Strong knowledge of home health regulations, Medicare requirements and care coordination skills required.
- Excellent customer service, organization, time-management, problem-solving and communication skills required.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required.
- Ability to appropriately represent Company service capabilities to the patients, family and referral source audience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.