Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Business Development
# of Openings:
Granite Background & History:
Granite is one of the premier communications services provider to businesses across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support and our customers include over 85 of the Fortune 100. Granite has over $1.45 billion in revenue with more than 2,100 employees and is headquartered in Quincy, MA just off I-93 and directly next to the North Quincy T Station on the Red Line. Our mission is to be the leading telecommunications company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite has been recognized by the Boston Business Journal as one of the “Healthiest Companies” in Massachusetts. Our Quincy office has an onsite dining facility and a fully equipped state of the art gym that offers daily Cross Fit, Mixed Martial Arts, and Yoga classes available to employees at zero cost.
Granite’s philanthropy is unparalleled with over $200 million in donations to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation and the Alzheimer’s Association to name a few.
We have been rated a “Fastest Growing Companies” by Inc. Magazine past ten consecutive years in a row (2007-2016).
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position:
The Director of Business Development is responsible for the aggregate team quota each month, the top deals in the team pipeline, and the development of each team member. A sales team is made up of various RAM, IAM and NAM reps that comprise the aggregate team quota. The team is focused on growing the business by selling new customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Director of Business Development must know the top deals and analyze pipeline each month.
- assist in driving the top deals
- manage rep efforts and coach each rep so they are an enthusiastic, profitable contributor to the Granite Team for years to come
- DBD is responsible for each rep and the reflection or impact they have on the Granite Brand
- DBD is responsible for adhering to and enthusiastically driving all Granite Next Generation initiatives. Including the coaching of a solution sales methodology, the selling of all Granite products, 100% adoption of SF.com and the positive development of each sales representative on the sales team. Prospect and Customer roadmap, contacts, notes and quotes … all go into SF.
- Your team comes to you first for all needs because they see you as their leader.
- DBD coaches the individual Reps to educate and development them
- Develop your sales reps by adhering to and using the Granite Sales Call Development Checklist that Granite has adopted.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be a SME on all Granite Products
- Must be a SME and be able to coach the sales team on a solution Selling sales methodology