Great Local Employer
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Network Administrator & Systems Administration
at Great Local Employer
Join a growing, fast-paced, IT team as we expand operations. No day will be the same and you will be challenged by a wide variety of systems. This position requires flexibility, problem solving, professionalism and great customer service - all in one package. The dynamic nature of the position is what makes it interesting and broadens your exposure to new situations and technology. This position will hit the ground running so it requires knowing the basics of networking and the environments listed. You must live within 30 minutes of the Wesley Chapel area (near Wiregrass Mall) or the east side of Tampa Bay.
- Bachelor Degree (IT related)
- CompTIA Network +
- Designing, organizing, modifying, and supporting a company's computer systems
- Designing and installing LANs, WANs, Internet and intranet systems, and network segments with a focus on Office 365 platform
- Become a SME for assigned applications and services
- Sales engineering - support sales team in customer meetings, solution design, and implementation
- Troubleshoot problems reported by users
- Maintaining networks for optimum performance
- Respond to network crisis
- Configure and administer disaster and backup recovery services
- Make recommendations for future upgrades
- Maintain network security for customers and internally
- Analyze and isolate issues
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users
- Perform network address assignment
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to meet with senior IT professionals and plan network related projects
- Office 365 administration and management
- Office 365 migration experience (Email & Sharepoint)
- Project manage implementation
- 5+ years of network administration experience
- 5+ years of systems administration experience
- Ability to be on-call nights and weekends as part of emergency support team rotation (rarely do we have issues)
- Requires clean driving and criminal record in order to drive to customer locations.
- Ability to pass random drug testing.
- Pass a background check.
- Have reliable transportation to get to work and to customer locations.
- Flexibility to work off-hours as needed to support customer deployments.
- Ability to communicate well with customers, recognize technical needs and deploy the solution.
Skill / Requirements
- 5+ years of networking experience preferred but will consider less for experience deploying Office 365
- Office 365 administration & configuration
- Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, software deployment, security updates and patches
- Maintain network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways, intrusion detection systems.
- Working knowledge of Exchange, AD, Sync, ADFS, group policies
- Windows Server 2008/2012
- Linux Systems Admin a plus
- CompTia - Network +, Security +, CISSP, preferred
- Cisco routers a plus
- LAN/WAN administration and configuration
- Email migration
- Virtualization - VMware, HyperV