Gulf Coast Health Care
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Gulf Coast Health Care
To assist in food preparation and serving and to clean the kitchen and dining area under the supervision of the Dietary Services Director or Cook.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the preparation and serving of meals and snacks; use portion control procedures; assist in cleaning work areas, equipment and floors, and dishes and utensils; assist in distributing menus and checking trays for menu and diet preferences and accuracy; ensure proper storage of foods and supplies; and adhere to universal precautions and sanitary, safety, and infection control policies and procedures.
- Ensure that food and supplies are available for the next meal, assist in inventorying and storing incoming foods and supplies, and report and hazardous conditions, equipment, accidents, and incidents.
- Attend orientation and in-service as required by the federal, state, and company guidelines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequent walking, reaching, climbing, bending, lifting, grasping, fine hand coordination, pushing, and pulling.
- Must be capable of performing the Essential Job Functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents, families, and outside agencies and to work cooperatively with other associates.
- Ability to present to groups.
- Ability to remain calm under stress.
- Ability to communicate with local staff, remote staff, and outside agencies.
- Practice universal precautions at all times.
- Understand, comply with, and promote rules regarding resident''s rights.
- Maintain confidentiality in accordance with HIPPA guidelines.
- Maintain an orderly, confidential, and safe work environment.
- Adhere to all Company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Attend and participate in training and in-service education.
- Assist in orientation and training other staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have the ability to read, write, and follow oral and written directions at a level to accomplish the job.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance as required.
- Must meet all local health regulations and pass post-employment physical exam, if required.
- Must be able to follow directions.
- Must be able to work weekend and holidays as directed by Dietary Services Director.