Gulf Coast Health Care
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Nursing
at Gulf Coast Health Care
Lead and direct the overall nursing operation of the Center in accordance with residents' needs, government regulations, and company policies so as to maintain excellent care for the residents while achieving the Center's business objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the nursing management staff, Administrator, and Consultants in planning all aspects of the nursing operation, including setting priorities and job assignments. Monitor each unit''s activities, communicate policies, evaluate performance, provide feedback, and assist, coach, and discipline as needed.
- Conduct regular rounds to monitor delivery of nursing care, effective coordination with other support services, cleanliness and appearance of the residents, and morale of staff and to ensure residents'' needs are being addressed in a proactive manner.
- Coordinate nursing services with all other resident care services to assure the smooth integration of Gulf Coast Health Care''s interdisciplinary approach to quality resident care.
- Maintain a working knowledge and ensure compliance with all governmental regulations.
- Monitor associate relations practices of key nursing staff to ensure compliance with employment laws and company policies and to ensure practices that maintain high morale and staff retention to include effective communication, prompt problem resolution, positive supervisory practices, and maintaining a positive work environment. Manage turnover and ensure current and future staffing through development of recruiting sources and through appropriate selection, orientation, training, and staff education.
- Manage nursing budget to include labor costs. Provide Administrator with requested assistance in developing the nursing services budget.
- Play an active role in carrying out the center marketing plan.
- Develop positive relationships on behalf of the company with government regulators, families, the area health care community, and the community at large.
- Supervise, conduct, and participate in department and center education activities and staff meetings. Maintain professional competence through participation in continuing education programs, seminars, and training programs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequent walking, reaching, climbing, bending, lifting, grasping, fine hand coordination, pushing,
- Must be capable of performing the Essential Job Functions of this position with or without
- Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents, families, and outside agencies and
to work cooperatively with other associates.
- Ability to present to groups.
- Ability to remain calm under stress.
- Ability to communicate with local staff, remote staff and outside agencies.
- Understand, comply with, and promote rules regarding residents'' rights.
- Maintain an orderly, confidential, and safe work environment.
- Practice universal precautions at all times.
- Adhere to all Company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must hold a current and valid Registered Nurse license in the state employed.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of experience in an administrative or supervisory nursing position.
- Completion of post-secondary education and be able to read, write, and follow oral and written directions.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance as required.
- Must meet all local health regulations and pass post-employment exam, if required.
- Related administrative experience at a level necessary to accomplish this position.