Gulf Coast Health Care
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Floor Quality Specialist
at Gulf Coast Health Care
Under the direction of the Environmental Services Manager, he/she is responsible for cleaning and maintaining the floors and assisting with the cleaning of residents'' rooms and common areas as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sweep, mop and buff floors daily.
- Spray buff floors daily.
- Maintain cleanliness of floors at all times. Clean (mop and buff) residents'' rooms, hallways, etc. daily or as needed. Keep wax and dirt buildup from entrances and corners at all times.
- Maintain hallways and entrances clear of debris at all times.
- Mop and buff dining room daily.
- Strip floors as needed.
- Keep gum and other like deposits off the floors at all times.
- Clean buffers and mops daily.
- Keep utility rooms and buckets clean at all times.
- Maintain equipment in good operating order at all times.
- Move furniture in rooms and clean in corners, behind furniture, under beds, etc.
- Assist in moving furniture and lifting objects when necessary.
- Clean lobbies, activity rooms, and nurses'' stations daily.
- Follow cleaning procedures outlined in the Housekeeping Policy and Procedures Manual.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequent walking, reaching, climbing, bending, lifting, grasping, fine hand coordination, pushing, and pulling.
- Must be capable of performing the Essential Job Functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents, families, and outside agencies and to work cooperatively with other associates.
- Ability to present to groups.
- Ability to remain calm and stress.
- Ability to communicate with local staff, remote staff, and outside agencies.
- Understand, comply with, and promote rules regarding residents'' rights.
- Maintain an orderly, confidential, and safe work environment.
- Attend seminars and in-services as required.
- Adhere center staff meetings.
- Participate in disaster and fire drills as required.
- Practice universal safety precautions at all times.
- Adhere to all Company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Completion of high school education or otherwise show ability to read, write, and follow oral and written directions.
- Must be a capable of maintaining regular attendance as required.
- Must be able to work weekend and overtime as required.
- Must be in good physical health and able and willing to perform heavy lifting and tedious physical chores inside and, when conditions warrant, outside the center.
- Must meet all local health regulations and pass post-employment exam, if required.