Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Hayes Locums
Overview & Benefits
The Credentialing Specialist is responsible for data entering, gathering, and primary source verification of healthcare practitioner information, including in-depth, detailed, or challenging research of information. Primary methods of researching information include phone, fax, e-mail, and letters.
- Perform primary (e.g., hospitals, licensing boards, etc.) and secondary source verifications of perspective providers' credentials with special emphasis on provider issues relating to malpractice claims, privileging, criminal concerns, license anomalies and discrepancies in education
- Responsible for gathering and verifying physician information, compiling required documents, researching necessary information and verifying medical licenses
- Review provider applications and resumes for consistency and data accuracy
- Compiles documents, researches and verifies provider backgrounds by contacting hospitals, licensing boards, medical schools, etc.
- Contacts or interviews provider peer references over the phone about the providers clinical performance skills
- Acts as a liaison between the medical board and the provider when applying for a license, obtaining updates and reporting progress
- Assists Client Representatives/Provider Representatives in responding to new inquiries and/or questions from potential clients/doctors
- Associate’s Degree or experience in lieu of education
- A minimum of 3 years of administrative and customer service experience
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Ability to work in both a team unit and independently
- Detail oriented with the ability to consistently maintain quality and production expectations
- Proficient in data entry, MS Word, Excel and web-based applications, and database program