Healthcare Network of Southwest Florida
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physician of Family or Internal Medicine
at Healthcare Network of Southwest Florida
- 15-Jun-2020 to 15-Sep-2020 (EST)
- FL, USA
- Full Time
Healthcare Network is seeking a Physician of Family or Internal Medicine to join our team. Since 1977, our private non-profit Federally Qualified Health Centers have broken barriers to provide healthcare to our neighbors in need. Today, we proudly serve as a medical and dental home to approximately 50,000 patients throughout Collier County!
As a patient-centered medical home, Healthcare Network is a resource for prevention, wellness and quality healthcare. Committed to treating the whole person in both mind and body throughout the life cycle our services include family care, children's care , HIV/AIDS treatment, senior care, women's care, dental care, pharmacy and integrated behavioral health. We are accredited by the Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Care (AAAHC) and are certified by AAAHC as a medical and dental home. Healthcare Network is accredited by AAAHC and certified as a Federally Qualified Health Center by HRSA.
Healthcare Network offers our care team members a competitive wage, comprehensive benefit package and the opportunity to serve in a mission-minded organization. For more information on our community organization, visit our website at www.healthcareswfl.org.
The Physician will provide medical care within a primary care delivery system. The physician assumes the responsibility of providing comprehensive general medical care, including consultative services, as deemed necessary. The quality of care will be in keeping with the standards of the appropriate national organization (in the case of the Pediatrics, the American Academy of Pediatrics). The physician shall be responsible for maintaining current medical, diagnostic, and therapeutic acumen. High moral character, ethics, and conduct are compulsory.
Responsibilities and Standards:
- Elicits histories and conducts physicals.
- Provides proper medical care as allowed be medical training and licensure.
- Maintains ethical and professional standards deemed appropriate be his/hers peers.
- Provides preventive medical care as deemed appropriate by the Medical Director.
- Provide preventive medical care
- Maintains an oriented medical record
- Consult with specialists as necessary
- Provide for care on patients who are hospitalized based on HCN needs.
- Participates in and presents Continuing Medical Education credits.
- Supervise nursing activities
- Provide supervision, education and direct assistance when appropriate to medical students and residents, as reasonable, considering the provider's training and capabilities.
- This position requires a high degree of responsibility, excellent interpersonal skills, organizational ability, problem-solving skills, and written and oral communication skills
- Position requires the ability to work independently and within a team to meet goals
- Position requires the ability to interact with all departments and all levels of staff effectively
- May be required to perform the duties of other employees, including supervisors/managers, in their absence
- May be required to perform duties and responsibilities not listed in this description, on a temporary or long-term basis
- Education/Training Level:
- Graduation from an approved school of medicine or osteopathy and three years of approved residency in their specialty field.
- Must maintain required CME credits. Maintain CPR, ACLS and other requirements as defined by Healthcare Network Credentials committee.
- Must have a minimum of 3 or more years experience in Family Practice and/or Internal Medicine.
- Licenses & Certifications:
- Possession of a current Florida license to practice medicine
- Must be Board Certified
- Communication Skills
- Possess effective communication skills and interpersonal skills with patients, families and members of health care team
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish or Haitian Creole) required
- Technology Skills
- Must be proficient with electronic health records