Heartland Dental Care, LLC (HDC)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Special Projects Manger
at Heartland Dental Care, LLC (HDC)
- Requisition ID
Special Projects Manger
We are seeking an experienced, Special Projects Manger to execute capital construction projects on existing supported offices. You will be responsible for completing projects at/below budget and on/before the project deadline consistent with the approved scope of work. You will be responsible for providing timely accurate information to external and internal stakeholders.
Heartland Dental proudly supports 975+ dental offices and more than 14,000 team members across the country. We are hard-working, fun-loving and fast-growing – looking for our next perfect fit!
In 2018, leading global investment firm, KKR, became a majority investor in Heartland Dental with Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan becoming a minority investor. These key relationships strengthen our company’s stability and growth rate. With annual revenues exceeding $1 billion, we continue to expand our profitability and nationwide footprint. Growth is derived from same-office growth, new office development and new affiliations.
To give you an idea of the team structure, you will work closely with the operations, facilities, real estate and project support teams, reporting to the Senior Facilities Manager.
Below is an overview of the duties and responsibilities you would take on in this role:
- Partnering with Operations team to ensure quality construction projects with highly satisfied teams and doctors
- Ability to lead and communicate with internal company customers and outside design professionals and contractors
- Plan, organize and manage resources for a cost-effective, quality project that is completed on time, within scope and budget
- Manage & build relationships with external vendors and service providers
- Receive proposals, review architectural documents and award contracts adequate for bidding of remodels/renovations by contractor
- Ensure contractors perform in accordance with plans and specifications
- Prepare timely requisitions for major equipment, fixtures and supply items
- Ensure lowest, company cost for change orders
- Obtain authorizations prior to incurring commitments for company expenditures
- Anticipate opportunities and/or occurrences that could impact the construction schedule, and budget, including development of prescribed action(s) to mitigate or eliminate the risk or impact
- Provide documentation and records throughout the construction process
- Travel to new and existing job site locations to achieve completion of project goals
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, civil, mechanical, electrical, construction management or related field OR 3+ years of construction management experience
- Works well in a team environment.
- Ability to read and understand construction documents
- Experience with construction project management tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proven supervisory/leadership, conflict management and negotiation skills
- High level of integrity, work ethic, professionalism, self-motivation and sound judgment.
- Ability to work well under pressure on multiple projects, tasks and prioritize personal workload.
- Ability to travel up to 40 %
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, civil, mechanical, electrical, construction management or related field OR 5+ years of construction management experience
- Project management experience in healthcare and/or retail.
We put our people first at Heartland Dental, and that shows in our generous benefits package.
Company retains the sole discretion to change the duties of the position at any time.
We provide all employees and applicants for employment the protections of federal, state, and local laws affording equal opportunity in employment.