Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Acquisition Manager
at HERE Technologies
- Requisition ID
- Map Data Collection
What's the role?
In your role as Data Acquisition Manager you will work with the Head of Data Acquisition and Community Engagement in Oceania in defining the strategy and plan for the delivery of the data requirements and work with the team to deliver on the plan. You will lead the engagements with the key private and governmental entities across several markets in the region that will help fulfil our strategic objectives for location-data requirements.
Your Responsibilities include:
- Working with the Head of Data Acquisition and Community Engagement in Oceania in
- Developing the annual strategy and plan for the region
- Coordinating the Data Acquisition activities in the region
- Implementing the strategies set forth and communicated by the Head of Data Acquisition & Community
- Assisting in developing and implementing and/or executing an existing data acquisition strategy aligned with the set objectives
- Leading negotiations and data acquisition engagements of mid to high complexity including related internal process/product activities in cooperation with key stakeholders; e.g. product marketing/management, legal, contracting, purchasing, supplier management and quality assurance/source evaluation processes
- Applying strategic data acquisition practices and manages supplier negotiations to ensure full benefits are realized and sustained
- Ensuring commitments are met by monitoring, assessing, and resolving variances in budget, timing or quality
- Supporting the achievement of targeted results against data acquisition objectives, and suggests methods to decrease expenditure
- Monitoring and keeping up to date with related Map & Data supplier-specific business activities as well as the extended category industries by building and maintaining thorough understanding of the overall sourcing market/landscape (e.g. by conducting ongoing research to understand what sources are available and effort/cost to acquire)
- Presenting updates on all pertinent supplier and/or industry issues (e.g. shifts in negotiating power of suppliers, relevant governmental initiatives) to stakeholders and immediate management and proposes alternative scenarios as they apply to existing strategies
- Proactively monitoring supplier competencies and competitive positioning (benchmarking)
- Reviewing and recommending best in class suppliers for RFx bid processes under supervision of the Sub-Regional Head of Data Acquisition & Community and with support of Product Management
- Developing negotiation strategies that deliver to business objectives and achieving sustainable relationships with suppliers
- Ensuring effective communication materials and channels are in place to maximize the delivery and implementation of any sourcing activity in cooperation with Product Marketing / Management and across sub-regions
Who are you?
You are a strong fit for this role if you are a business-oriented, curious, and creative person who can think outside the box to constantly improve on the strategy and operation with a “Go-Getter” attitude.
You also possess the following skills, competencies and work experience:
- 8+ years relevant working experience (data sourcing, business development, product or procurement)
- Bachelor’s Degree in an associated field with additional relevant certifications in Business Administration, Economics or Supply Chain Management
- Strong communication (oral and written), presentation, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Experience with supplier relationship management and ability to build, sustain and leverage effective networking relationships
- Knowledge and/or understanding of Maps and Location-Based services
- Self-starter with ability to operate independently in support of the larger team's goals
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management practices
- Proficient in organization, planning and project management skills
- Ability to work in geographically distributed teams.
- Analytical abilities and financial skills to assess the performance of suppliers against criteria such as quality, cost, reliability, ability to innovate and financial stability
- Convincing and persuasive door opener attitude
Who are we?
Ever checked in somewhere on social media? Ever tracked your online orders? You might be using HERE Technologies every single day without even realizing it. You can find us everywhere: in vehicles, smartphones, drones or third-party apps. We believe that with the right people, we will continue to be a game-changer in the technology industry and improve the daily lives of people around the world.
The Data Acquisition team is a strongly focused, result oriented team with a proactive attitude. Our team is international, covering Oceania. Our daily job is to explore the data market, plan and engage with potential business partners and data suppliers, and establish relevant relationships with stakeholders of specific products and industry segments, including the public sector to deliver on business data needs. We attend conferences/events and give public speeches.
Even though all team members work independently, there is a strong team spirit to exchange experiences and to grow together.
You will be embedded in an exciting, highly motivated organization that is an integral pillar of our map building strategy.