Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Mechanic - Automotive
- Position Type
- Regular Full Time
If you're looking for the benefits of joining an industry leader, with a high-charged, energy-filled environment, then you can stop looking, because you have found what you're looking for in the Mechanic position at our Hertz Rent A Car location. Bring your energy, drive, and motivation to Hertz, and set your goals on cruise control! The Hertz Corporation, a world leader in the car rental industry, currently seeks energetic team players to join our team
Duties include changing oil, changing tires, and 13-point inspections. Must be a quick learner, and have auto mechanical knowledge. Applicants must have an assortment of tools, oil filter wrenches, socket set, and a toolbox to keep them in. Must be able to work flexible shifts including weekends and holidays; and work overtime as required
· High school diploma or equivalent education required.
· Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical issues with various automotive system
· Knowledge of brakes, drive train, electrical components, vacuum systems, and body.
· Ability with some supervision to use computer-based diagnostic systems
· Prior experience doing light automotive mechanics in a shop is required
· Ability to work with common hand tools is required.
· Must be able to stand for long periods of time with continuous bending and twisting
· Must be available to work scheduled hours depending on the needs of the branch
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Valid Driver's License with clean motor vehicle record
· Periodic MVR checks will be performed if hired.
Hertz is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or domestic partnership status, disability, protected veteran status or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law. Hertz is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, persons with disabilities and protected veterans.