Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HR Business Partner - Orlando
at Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Human Resources
- CORP - Field Only
- Position Type
- Regular Full Time
HR Business Partner - Orlando
The purpose of this position is to provide a high level of customer focused HR support to the line business organization. It will provide “one stop shopping” to business leaders and provide people related solutions to drive high performance in the department, COE and/or enterprise. The Corporate HR Business Partner is responsible for driving and supporting human capital strategy and high-value HR processes aligned to overall corporate strategy. This is a professional level position with generalist responsibilities that will encompass providing guidance and counsel to the internal recruiting function as it relates to open positions for client groups. Talent management, employee relations, compensation guidance, general leadership training, monitoring and resolving morale, work climate and leadership effectiveness issues. The successful individual will counsel leaders on implementation of the performance management system as well as the use of effective performance management techniques. The incumbent must be able to build strong partnerships with their client organizations, and also act as an advocate of the employee/manager relationship. Lead special projects as needed.
He/she will act as central point of contact and provide direct coordination and access to the HR COE Leadership Team and service areas. Responsible for providing effective employee relations service by utilizing excellent problem solving and relationship skills, an in-depth knowledge of human resources generalist issues as well as policies and procedures, and knowledge of company products and services.
It is important that this individual support and drive HR strategy through the business in partnership with senior management. The Corporate Business Partner will work closely with business leaders and the HR Leadership Team to support deployment of a comprehensive HR Strategy. The full range of generalist knowledge will be needed to drive successful labor strategy, performance management, compensation planning, and talent development.
- Aligning global business strategies to HR strategies and initiatives, diagnosing business challenges, exploring alternative solutions and recommending best-fit solutions.
- Work closely with business leaders and the HR Leadership Team to support deployment of a comprehensive HR Strategy.
- Partner with Talent Management COE in managing proper succession and high potential planning in line with the defined strategy and needs of the business. Ensure continual performance improvement within the corporate functions, driving processes to facilitate improvement.
- Identify and recommend Training & Development needs. Communicate same to Talent Management.
- Employee Relations – Provide HR consulting expertise to all levels of management and employees. Consults with employees and managers to address root causes of issues and resolve through a systematic and analytical approach, including investigations.
- Safety/WC management.
- Ensure consistent discipline practices and legal compliance.
- Identify any compensation issues and recommend solutions.
- Ensure compliance with Company policies and ensure a consistent practice.Identify problems central to business strategy and forecast potential obstacles to success.
Occasional travel may be required. Position requires the highest level of confidentiality and the ability to work effectively with peers. However, the ability to work independently with minimal supervision is necessary.
The position also requires excellent project management skills and the ability to conduct management training and presentations as well as provide coaching/counseling to managers and non-management employees.
- University Bachelor’s Degree Required
- PHR/SPHR Certification Preferred
- Five (5) - Seven (7) years experience in a Human Resource Business Partner role
- Cross functional HR knowledge
- Working Knowledge of Employment Laws
- Talent management practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of business and financial practices.
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Strong People Management
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Financial Management skills
- Detail Oriented
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
Hertz is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or domestic partnership status, disability, protected veteran status or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law. Hertz is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, persons with disabilities and protected veterans.