Hospital Corporation of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Monitor Technician PRN
at Hospital Corporation of America
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 00327-7943
Central Florida Regional Hospital, a 221-bed acute care hospital, serves the communities of Seminole and west Volusia counties. Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. In recognition of this commitment, we will strive to deliver high quality, cost-effective healthcare in the communities we serve. The hospital provides the only full-service cardiovascular program in Seminole and west Volusia, including open heart surgery, interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, cardiac rehabilitation and comprehensive diagnostic services. Other specialized services include orthopedic and spine care, robotic surgery, wound care, acute inpatient medical rehabilitation, complete imaging services and The Baby Suites.
Central Florida Regional Hospital is located 3.6 miles east of I-4 between S.R. 46 and Highway 17-92 in Sanford. The hospital has been designated a Level II trauma center and provides 24/7 emergency care
- Accurately runs, documents and analyzes rhythm strips on all patients according to unit standards
- Documents change of rhythm and places strip in chart notifying RN/Charge RN/LPN as appropriate. Ensures hand-off at change of shift and previous to any break.
- Responds immediately to all monitor alarms. Ensures RN/Charge RN/LPN is notified of any changes in patient rhythm, rate, signal interference, lead off, and need for assessment of patient.
- Troubleshoots patient monitoring equipment and notifies biomedical engineering promptly of any unresolved equipment issues.
- Contributes to a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED); successful completion of EKG course and exam
- Current BLS/BLS instructor through American Heart Association
- Skills: Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills, knowledge of indications and adverse reactions of cardiac IV medications.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus