Hospital Corporation of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse (RN) ICU/PCU Days
at Hospital Corporation of America
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 26750-1274
Categories: Healthcare - RNs & Nurse Management
Oviedo Medical Center, the state-of-the-art 64-bed acute care hospital, provides a full range of healthcare services to east Seminole County and surrounding communities. Services include medical and surgical inpatient units, robotic surgery, intensive care, medical cardiology, telemetry, cardiac catheterization, inpatient and outpatient surgery, women's services including labor and delivery, cardiopulmonary services, comprehensive diagnostic imaging and 24/7 emergency care.
Oviedo Medical Center is designed with the patient in mind with personalized care, all private rooms and the newest medical technology available.
*Oviedo Medical Center is located at the intersection of Red Bug Lake Road and State Road 426, adjacent to State Road 417 (Central Florida GreeneWay).
The RN Intensive Care is responsible for the observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care; health teaching and counseling of the ill, injured, or infirm; and the promotion of wellness, maintenance of health, and prevention of illness of others. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized by the laws of this state to prescribe such medications and treatments.
ICU is a 10-bed unit. Our number one goal is patient safety and satisfaction! You are expected to smile!
Desired skills: 1- 3 previous RN critical care experience required. CCRN and recent ICU/PCU experience strongly preferred.
- Nursing Diploma or ASN required; BSN preferred
- Minimum 1 year RN experience in acute care setting preferred.
- Current FL State RN License. If compact license held, active FL RN license required within 90 days of hire.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) and ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) required
- Current PALS Certification required
- NIHSS Stroke Certification
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills, Knowledge of State, Federal, and JCAHO regulations.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus