Hospital Corporation of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse (RN) Infection Preventionist
at Hospital Corporation of America
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 01371-7436
Categories: Healthcare - RNs & Nurse Management
Fawcett Memorial Hospital is a 237-bed, full-service acute care hospital serving Charlotte County and the surrounding areas since 1975. Clinical specialties include 24-hour emergency care center, a comprehensive ACoS CoC accredited cancer program, Joint Commission accredited Stroke Center of Excellence, accredited Chest Pain Center with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention, Spine and Orthopedic Center with accredited Pain Management program, Wound Management and Hyperbaric Medicine, Bariatric Services, inpatient and outpatient surgery, minimally invasive surgery, CARF accredited inpatient rehabilitation, Fawcett Sports & Rehabilitation and many outpatient programs. Fawcett also provides a variety of community wellness programs as part of its ongoing commitment to community outreach and education.
Our Infection Preventionist coordinates the hospital's Infection Control/Employee Health program in compliance with established polices, procedures and standards of care. Provides surveillance and education relative to the prevention, detection, identification and control of infectious/communicable diseases within the hospital.
HCA is committed to the best experience for our patients and employees alike. This position will offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Benefits (Medical, Prescription Drug Coverage, Dental, PTO, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more!)
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Compassionate team members and leadership that foster an environment apt for you to learn and thrive
- Extensive resources for training and investment in your long-term continuing education needs
- Professional development opportunities, and much more!
- Nursing Diploma or ASN required, BSN preferred.
- BS Medical Technologist, or Master's in Public Health or Epidemiology.
- Current Florida State Registered Nurse or Medical Technologist License.
- Certification in Infection Control preferred, required to obtain certification in Infection Control within 2 years after hire.
- Two years previous experience in Infection Prevention preferred, or 3-5 years clinical nursing practice as a registered nurse, or medical technologist in Microbiology, Public health or Epidemiology
- Lifting 50 lbs maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Organizational, Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel