Iberia Bank Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SBA Senior Lender - Orlando or West Palm, Jacksonville area
at Iberia Bank Corporation
The SBA Senior Market Support actively prospects for new relationship opportunities and participates in community affairs to provide representation for the bank. This position will also train IBERIABANK relationship managers in the identification of eligible SBA credits to generate internal referrals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review opportunities with IBERIABANK Relationship Managers to initially assess credit quality, determine program fit and eligibility.
- Accompany IBERIABANK Relationship Mangers on physical or phone calls with SBA 7(a) loan prospects.
- Support IBERIABANK Relationship Manager to clearly communicate program benefits, terms, pricing and process.
- Work with IBERIABANK Relationship Mangers, CRA’s and SBA 7(a) loan prospects to obtain necessary loan documentation.
- Serve as a source of knowledge of SBA regulations, IBERIABANK credit guidelines, and secondary market interest rate appetite to IBERIABANK Relationship Managers and SBA 7(a) loan prospects.
- Maintain a presence in the market to aid in the direct origination of SBA opportunities.
- Establish and maintain an efficient and productive working environment within the department based on continuous and effective staff communication.
- Achieve established departmental goals within defined timelines, as well as define and implement a measurement of acceptable staff performance in order to safeguard the Bank’s loan portfolio.
- Responsible for adhering to and complying with all Bank policies and Federal and State banking laws and regulations.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
In some situations, this position may assist with directing, coordinating, and evaluating designated units or certain personnel in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; providing pay change recommendations; disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Additionally, the qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required in this position:
- Bachelor degree with minimum of 7 years of experience working in a SBA role within a bank or for a SBA lender
- Knowledge of SBA underwriting regulations
- Ability to analyze financial/credit information required
- Analytical, written, and verbal communications skills
- Knowledge of financial accounting theory and logic, loan structuring, commercial products and service
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to interpret and discuss analytical data
- Ability to excel in a team environment, manage multiple tasks concurrently, and prioritize
- Proficient with computers, software and applications
- Willingness to travel
COMPUTER AND OFFICE EQUIPMENT SKILLS
The following computer skills are required to perform the essential duties of this job: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and other support systems.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS (Ex: CPA, Series 6 or 7 license, etc.)