Ingersoll Rand Security Technologies
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
District EHS Manager - FL Trane
at Ingersoll Rand Security Technologies
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Trane is hiring an Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Manager for our Florida district!! This is an exciting opportunity to work with our stellar services team throughout the district, both in the office and in the field. This position requires regular travel throughout FL.
This position will provide leadership to district office employees throughout the state of FL to manage loss control and accident prevention activities, and ensure compliance with local, state, and national regulations. The position will also be responsible for developing and implementing safety programs, strategies, policies, training, and procedures. The position will establish and promote maintenance of a safe, accident-free, and healthy work environment at the office level by performing the following duties (not intended to be all-inclusive):
- Oversee the administration of workers' compensation program, including working with the insurance carrier, administering the return to work program and being responsible for case management.
- Lead and coordinate safety process efforts for the district and satellite office(s).
- Ensure audits are completed on a regular basis of the office areas, warehouse, and job sites to detect existing or potential risks and hazards.
- Ensure the recommended corrective or preventative measures are completed in a timely manner.
- Participate in investigation of incidents and ensure corrective actions are implemented and completed.
- Ensure contractors and subcontractors have implemented an effective safety process by conducting pre-qualifications and by visiting/auditing job sites on a regular basis.
- Visit job sites, offices and Parts Centers on a regular basis to ensure effective implementation of the safety process.
- Ensure all safety related records are accurately maintained and in compliance with OSHA or other regulatory agency rules, regulations and procedures.
- Implement applicable safety policies and procedures to be followed in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations
- Participate as a member of the offices Leadership Team.
- Analyze safety data to lead and coordinate the safety effort for continual improvement.
- Ensure safety and health training is organized and conducted.
- Train employees on the company's fleet safety program and enforce compliance.
- Participate on corporate teams as needed to assist in the development of safety policies and procedures.
- Support offices environmental and refrigerant management programs.
- Ensure Safety Committees meet on a regular basis and complete action items in a timely manner.
- Assist Sales by responding to customer requests re: office safety performance and by utilizing safety performance/process as a marketing opportunity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Occupational Safety & Health, or Environmental Science or related with a minimum 4 years of experience in safety, compliance and environmental programs.
- Prior EHS experience in commercial construction or service (field technician) environments is preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of OSHA required. Knowledge of OSHA, RCRA, CAA, NPDES, TSCA, CWA, and DOT regulations
- Ability to take innovative approaches to improving processes and solving problems.
- Must be a self-starter and detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly establish credibility and build trust across the district (with sales & service leaders, service technicians, project managers, office support, etc.)
- Must be able to influence and communicate at all levels in the organization; this includes making presentations and designing/delivering training modules.
- Experience with and use of Lean tools & processes.
- TRAVEL: Up to 75% travel required. Regular travel to satellite locations expected. Some travel required to other office locations as well as customer sites.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office, particularly Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Must possess a valid driver's license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
· DUI in the previous 5 years
· Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.