Insurance Office of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Account Executive - Commercial Lines Insurance
at Insurance Office of America
We’re Insurance Office of America, one of the nation’s largest privately held agencies. IOA was founded in 1988 with the idea that professional client service provided by knowledgeable, caring, and passionate people makes for a winning combination. Whether working at our home office in suburban Orlando, Florida, one of our branch offices across the US and London, or with one of our subsidiary companies, the continued growth of our nearly 1,000 employees is a testament to our belief that great things start with great people!
At IOA, we’re driven by our mission and core values. We work hard, but we have fun too. Workplace ideals like leading by serving, work/family life balance, and giving back to our community aren’t just clichés here – they’re a part of who we are. We believe in helping people grow, develop and achieve their professional goals, so when you join the IOA team you truly become a partner in our shared success.
We’re looking for an Account Executive – Commercial Lines to join our team in Jupiter, Florida!
The Account Executive – Commercial Lines is responsible for the strategic coordination and execution of client marketing, servicing, risk management and/or sales activities, following established industry and company guidelines and meeting all performance requirements regarding production, quality and ensuring that no liability associated with errors and omissions occur. Primarily responsible for managing a book of business and increasing account retention, and capable of resolving the most complex customer service problems, showing the ability for critical thinking and thought process in taking the next step in the best interest of the client, carrier partner and IOA. May also be responsible for significant account expansion and cross-selling, while others are principally focused on client retention. Actively seeks to grow IOA business, including identifying and acting on sales opportunities, and a resource to our account team and Producers on the insurance brokerage business and assigned client’s needs.
Account Executive – Commercial Lines essential functions include:
- Effectively manages assigned client relationships as an extension of the Producer and/or representative of IOA, including conducting one-on-one client meetings, preparing and presenting periodic Account Summaries, recommending coverages and policy changes and negotiating/closing new business and renewals
- Serves as information/communication conduit between Producer(s) and account team, when applicable
- Assists in directing day-to-day activities and workflow assigned to account team that are performed on assigned book of business, which include delegation and prioritization of assignment/task, communication on performance expectations, and monitoring execution to ensure performance requirements and timelines are met
- Management and execution of a variety of customer service, account management, risk management and value-added service including but not limited to: account activity; policy administration and insurance placement; billing activity; claims administration; coverage/loss analysis; contract review for insurability; review policy forms and endorsements; review audits; identify errors and facilitate corrective actions; Certificates of Insurance; Evidences of Property; and Cancellation/Reinstatements
- Manages policy expirations for existing clients and works proactively to ensure appropriate actions are taken to facilitate renewals and ensures all new and renewal insurance policies are bound, billed and issued accurately and delivered to the Client/Insured within required timeframe
- Manages new business and policy renewal process independently, or in conjunction with Producer
- Delivers excellent service at all times, including proactively anticipating needs, maintaining frequent and professional communication, and responding quickly to service requests
- Continually seeks to improve individual and team performance, including identifying, communicating and adopting best practices
- Lives and champions IOA core values at all times, demonstrating the highest level of personal character, integrity, and servant leadership
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified candidates will have:
- 5+ years of commercial lines of Account Management/Executive experience
- All required active licensing
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent multi-tasking, organizational, delegation and decision-making skills
- Outstanding verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to perform large work volumes with high degrees of accuracy
- PC proficiency, including MS Office
- Exceptional personal character, including a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and willingness to assist others at all times
Great Reasons to Work at IOA include:
- Competitive salaries and bonus earning potential
- Great benefits, including company paid health insurance
- Paid time off for holidays, vacations, and sick time
- 401K with an employer match
- Participation in our employee stock plan
- Opportunities for professional growth and career progression
- A culture that emphasizes respect for every individual
- Company commitment to work/family life balance and community service
- Teammates who share your drive for excellence
- Knowing every day you are helping our clients protect their families and businesses
If you're ready to take a leap forward in your career, please click below to apply. Any candidates meeting the qualification requirements for the Account Executive – Commercial Lines role will be contacted. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
IOA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and has been recognized as a great place to work by Business Insurance magazine, Florida Trend, and the Orlando Sentinel.