Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Communications Planner-Project Manager
Jacobs is seeking aqualified Information Technology (IT) professional to support the USSOCOM SITECII Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (EOM) contract. Your career at Jacobsenables USSOCOM to fulfill its mission to “Provide fully capable SpecialOperations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests andsynchronize planning for global operations against terrorist networks.” As amember of our team, you will support the vice president of the EnterpriseOperations Group (EOG) as we partner with SOF military and civilian members toprovide world-class IT services and support that connects over 60,000 usersaround the world in the areas of software development/maintenance, networkservices, security, end-user computing, and test and evaluation.
Highly experiencedCommunications Planner with demonstrated expertise in determining projectobjectives, organizing and arranging resources and ensuring smooth pace and ontime delivery of assigned projects. Capable of a broad understanding of andexperience working with translating requirements into operational solutions.Will be required to have Project Management experience and a strong technicaland functional knowledge of the Government's preferred Enterprise ResourcePlanning (ERP) solutions. Executes directives by a having a thorough understandingof the customer's processes.
• Analyzing and defining systems, functions, process and user needs for a widevariety of projects
• Performs technical assessments aimed at improving client systems and updatessystem requirements based on changes in operations or policy
• Creating documentation such as policies, procedures, workflows and userguides
• Analyzes and performs functional allocations to identify tasks and theirinter-relationships, incorporates user needs, and performs research andfunctional analysis on a variety of projects
• Identifies and recommends resources required for task execution andcompletion
• Develops new systems or updates existing systems to meet client needs
• Serves as technical advisor to clients in assigned subject areas, recommendsfunctional changes, and identifies areas for further investigation
• Generates recommendations in the form of technical briefings, reports, andother major documents provided to senior level client personnel
• Consults with clients to determine optimum design for assigned projects
• Identifies emerging relevant technologies that may result in improvements tocurrent processes and systems
• Writes and updates project documentation including system procedures,presentations, and training materials
• Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts, and mayhave supervisory responsibilities
• May serve as technical team or task lead
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and subject areas
• Participates in special projects as required
• Provides excellent analytical solutions to problems and effectivelycommunicates them to the customer and team
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
•Work will be performed inside a large facility. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting). Work assignments vary based on client requirements. Position may require night and weekend work.
•Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
Equipment and Machines
•General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
•Work assignments dependent on requirements by the client. It is important to be able to work at least 8 hours a day for 5 days per week (Monday through Friday).
•On-Call or after hours support may be required
•Continental and Oversees travel may be required. It is important to maintain a current passport.
Other Essential Functions
•Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
•Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client's standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
•The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.