Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Database Administrator III - SQL Server
DATABASEADMINISTRATOR – TIER III
Jacobs is seekinga qualified Information Technology (IT) professional to support the USSOCOMSITEC II Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (EOM) contract. Your career atJacobs enables USSOCOM to fulfill its mission to “Provide fully capable SpecialOperations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests andsynchronize planning for global operations against terrorist networks.” As amember of our team, you will support the vice president of the EnterpriseOperations Group (EOG) as we partner with SOF military and civilian members toprovide world-class IT services and support that connects over 60,000 usersaround the world in the areas of software development/maintenance, network services,security, end-user computing, and test and evaluation.
Database Administrator- Tier 3 role need a strong technical foundation in database structure, configuration,installation, operation and maintenance with experience designing databases.This position requires knowledge and experience in major relational databaselanguages and applications, such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle and IBMDB2.Database Administrator - Tier 3 role demonstrates the ability to pay keen attentionto detail, possess a strong customer service orientation and have the abilityto work as part of a team while having leadership responsibilities for thatteam. This position will provide Microsoft SQL and Oracle DBA support services,to include Tier 3 level expertise, as well as the planning, implementation, andmonitoring of patching services for physical and virtual solutions.
- Managing,monitoring and maintaining databases
- Approvingrequested changes, updates and modifications to database structure and data
- Ensuringdatabase integrity, stability and system availability
- Approving solutionsfor database backup and recovery infrastructure
- DoDD8570.01-M IAT II or higher
- OracleCertified Professional (OCP) 11g or higher OR
- MCSE:Data Management & Analytics OR
- Atleast two years of experience in a database administration role performing Tier3 level support with no less than eight years working with databases.
- Databasemodeling and implementation.
- Userinterface development and user experience.
- Abilityto produce visualization of data for leadership decision-making.
- Knowledgeof at least one object-oriented programming language; such as Java, C , or .NET.
- MicrosoftOffice application skills; Microsoft Access knowledge is preferred.
- Strongoral and written communication skills.
- MicrosoftSharePoint database integration experience is desired.
- Work will be performed inside a large facility. An insideenvironment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderatenoise, bright or dim lighting).
- Work assignments vary based on client requirements.
- Work may include travel with the military to participate inexercises in austere conditions
- Outside work may include various environmental conditionsincluding hot, dusty, cold, icy and windy climates.
- Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required.May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 25 lbs.Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
- May require climbing, working at heights and in smallconfined spaces such as under raised floors, inside closets and server racks.Must be able to sit, stoop, kneel or crouch for long periods of time. Work in noisy areas with hotter and coldertemperature than standard office environmental conditions. Lift and transportequipment up to 50 pounds.
- General office equipment, which includes: telephone, faxmachine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
- Servers, switches, routers and other computer equipment thatsupports the network environment.
- Operating hand tools, power tools, ladders and testequipment.
- May require operating motor vehicles.
- Regular attendance in accordance with established workschedule is mandatory.
- It is important to be able to work any shift/designated hoursrequired.
- You may be asked to continue performance in support of a war,contingency, or exercise
- You may be asked to continue performance during inclementweather or other conditions when others are not permitted to work
- Position may require night and weekend work and could includetravel with the military to participate in operations/exercises located inareas with field conditions
- Continental and Oversees travel may be required. It is important to maintain a currentpassport.
- Employment is contingent upon obtaining all requiredcertifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (ifapplicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of thecontract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result indisqualification for this position and could result in termination.
- Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotesteamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Mustbe well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and executemultiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability tocommunicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety ofgovernment, military and contractor personnel at all levels.
- Candidate must be able to interface effectively withindividuals at all levels of the organization.
- Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent onclient's standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in thesame general area.
- The position for which you are applying for requires a USgovernment security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you beextended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the USand another country), to be granted a clearance you will be required torelinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.