Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Job Reference #: BI%200006CH
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Support our infrastructure clients in Florida and the U.S. Southeast and have a hand in transforming tomorrow.
Electrical Engineer-Gainesville, FloridaAs an Electrical Engineer, you will have the chance of performing a variety of engineering work through all phases of infrastructure projects starting with conceptual design and concluding with the completion of record drawings. Working with other members of our team, you will be responsible for selecting and sizing equipment and accessories, laying out electrical rooms and defining other electrical spaces, preparing construction drawings and specifications, supporting construction by responding to bidder questions, clarification requests, and reviewing shop drawings. During our time with us, you will occacional visit and meet with Owners and/or contractors, as well as work closely with other disciplines to coordinate process and other equipment needs with electrical design requirements. If you are up for the challenge, we've been looking for someone just like you to join our team to help us transform tomorrow.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering Professional Engineer (P.E.) license
- At least six years of experience in electrical design related tasks including: -Design low and medium voltage power distribution systems for industrial facilities -Perform demand low, voltage droop, and short circuit calculations using the SKM Power Tools for Windows software suite -Design facility wiring and lighting for process equipment rooms and administrative spaces -Prepare electrical equipment and material specifications in CSI-50 Division format
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Fluency in reading and interpreting Process & Instrumentation Diagrams
- Supervise design technicians in the creation of engineering drawings
- Design facility wiring and lighting for blower, pump, and treatment equipment rooms, chemical rooms, finished administrative rooms and buildings, and outdoor basins and areas
- Design motor controls for pumps and treatment process equipment
- Engineering services during construction including: answering electrical contractor's technical questions; reviewing equipment submittals; inspecting electrical construction.
- 10 years of experience