Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Professional II - Planning Analyst
- Follows documented build procedures and coordinates build processes.
- Troubleshoots and identifies build errors, coordinating resolution with software developer.
- Maintains/creates shell and Perl scripts to support build process.
- Utilizes CMMI compliant processes to develop, modify and maintain software source code and applications.
- Monitors the operation of assigned applications and responds to problems by diagnosing and correcting errors in logic and coding.
- Reviews user requirements and needs for new software and performs analysis, design, implementation, installation and documentation related to new software developed and/or acquired.
- Assist with real-time troubleshooting, anomaly resolution, and system recovery as necessary.
- Attend meetings and possibly make presentation on matters pertaining to supported applications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requires BS degree in computer or system science, information technology, engineering or a related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus four (4) years of relevant and progressive experience; or six (6) years of relevant IT experience. Progressive relevant training and/or certification in appropriate discipline may be substituted for one (1) year of the education or experience requirement.
- Required recent experience with Enterprise Windows System Administration, including Domain Administration.
- Experience must be within the last 3-5 years.
- Ability to analyze information and problem solving
- Experience with Centrify, and VMWare is highly desirable.
- Requires the ability to interpret written information and effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Technical documentation skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to break down complex concepts and data and make them accessible to others
- Ability to produce consistent positive results with minimal direction and supervision
- Ability to prioritize and execute in a fast-paced environment with varying requirements and deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, if necessary
- Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing.
- Physical requirements are: sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures.
- Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
- Work will mainly be done inside, but fieldwork can be a combination of outside and inside depending on the project.
- Working at heights and in confined spaces may be required.
- Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility.
- Climbing ladders and platforms will be necessary.
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company safety standards.
Equipment and Machines
- Computers and printers used for producing reports and schedules.
- Variety of equipment may be used.
- Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday.
- Position may require occasional overtime including weekend work depending on task.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Shift work may be required.
Other Essential Functions
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
- Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must comply with all “drug free workplace” requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
- Government security clearance may be required in the future.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional, or local law.