Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Professional II - Programmer Analyst
Jacobs Technology provides overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. These tasks will support the Ground Systems Development and Operations (GSDO), and the Space Launch System (SLS), Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle programs and fulfill a specific need in supporting the Launch Control Systems team including but not limited to Software Engineering and Software Programming.
The Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) Software Engineer is responsible for providing the framework necessary for the Ground Support Equipment (GSE) subsystem software developers to develop and maintain PLC software for the GSDO Program at KSC. PLC software is safety critical and must meet all the safety critical software requirements to be safety certified.
· Monitors the operation of assigned applications and responds to problems by diagnosing and correcting errors in logic and coding.
· Reviews user requirements and needs for new software and performs analysis, design, implementation, installation and documentation related to new software developed and/or acquired.
· Provide real-time troubleshooting, anomaly resolution, and system recovery as necessary.
· Assist in developing project plans and developing schedules for completion of assigned tasks.
· Attend meetings and possibly make presentation on matters pertaining to supported applications.
· Attend meetings and possibly make presentation on matters pertaining to supported systems.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional, or local law.
· Knowledge in Allen Bradley PLC's/RSlogix software platform is required.
· Knowledge in Factory Talk View SE/ME software platform is highly desired.
· Knowledge in AutoCad is required .
. Knowledge in Pearl and Apache is highly desired.
· Ability to read Engineering schematics, drawings, and engineering specification is required.
- Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing.
- Physical requirements are: sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures.
- Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
- Work will mainly be done inside, but fieldwork can be a combination of outside and inside depending on the project.
- Working at heights and in confined spaces may be required.
- Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility.
- Climbing ladders and platforms will be necessary.
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company safety standards.
Equipment and Machines
- Computers and printers used for producing reports and schedules.
- Variety of equipment may be used.
- Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday.
- Position may require occasional overtime including weekend work depending on task.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Shift work may be required.
Other Essential Functions
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
- Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must comply with all “drug free workplace” requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
- Government security clearance may be required in the future.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.