Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Professional III - Planning Analyst
Jacobs Technology provides overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. These tasks will support the Ground Systems Development and Operations, and the Space Launch System, Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle programs and fulfill a specific need in supporting the Launch Control Systems team including but not limited to Software Engineering, Software Programming and IT Hardware Engineering & Configuration
The LCS End Item Control Lead PM, as a member of the Software Engineering and Development Team, helps enable design and implementation of the IT and Network Infrastructure capabilities supporting the key interface(s) between the primary Launch Command and Control System and the remote communications and control capabilities across the Kennedy Ground Control System (distrubuted system/network of Programmable Logic Controllers - PLCs) for NASA's Deep Space Exploration program.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Implementing established policies and processes, monitors and controls to ensure the successful management and reporting of all work-flows and initiatives within the End Item Control team
- Supervising and leading the EIC staff to oversee the impacts and interdependencies between programs and working to ensure initiatives meet the goals and objectives of the project leadership team
- Identify, analyzes, and monitors project risks; determines prioritization of team / project risks; assists Software Delivery Manager and Integrated Product Team Leader and works to maximize the probability and impact of positive events and minimizes the probability and impact of adverse events
- Maintain a comprehensive Issue, Risk, and Decision documentation, as they relate to project timelines and co-dependencies. Maintain documentation of changes to scope, timelines, milestones, and deliverables, and identify non-technical dependency implications.
- Assist with reviewing all necessary work plans and related project management documentation are completed in sufficient detail to provide for adequate management and control, as well as consistent with overall master schedule and dependencies
- Develop communications documents detailing development / delivery progress for Team Members, Senior Leadership, Boards, workforce and other stakeholders, including regular reporting
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional, or local law.
Requires a BS degree in computer or system engineering/science or a related discipline from an accredited college or university and ten (10) years of applicable experience. Other degrees will be considered with significant demonstrated domain experience.
- Experience with PLC automation and supporting systems along with custom integration of PLC software with other host system environments.
- Candidates with Rockwell Automation Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), Human Machine Interface (HMI) and FactoryTalk View experience are preferred.
- PMP Certification Preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a highly-complex product environment with extensive matrix-managed resource component required
- Demonstrate understanding of complex project management and leverage knowledge of company to identify risk and evaluate impacts on the project
- Experience in program management, or coordinating long-term, cross-functional projects.
- Demonstrated communication skills and reporting skills – experience across multiple tools and platforms with preference for experience in complex metrics data visualization
- Demonstrated thought leadership skills and creativity, as well as strong analytical skills.
- Strong work-ethic and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate results and analytics to multiple audiences.
- Prior experience collaborating with Engineering, Quality Assurance, Business Office, and External Dependent Programs
- Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing.
- Physical requirements are: sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures.
- Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
- Work will mainly be done inside, but fieldwork can be a combination of outside and inside depending on the project.
- Working at heights and in confined spaces may be required.
- Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility.
- Climbing ladders and platforms will be necessary.
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company safety standards.
Equipment and Machines
- Computers and printers used for producing reports and schedules.
- Variety of equipment may be used.
- Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday.
- Position may require occasional overtime including weekend work depending on task.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Shift work may be required.
Other Essential Functions
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
- Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must comply with all “drug free workplace” requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
- Government security clearance may be required in the future.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.