Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Model and Simulation SW Developer
Jacobs Technology provides overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. These tasks will support the International Space Station, Ground Systems Development and Operations, and the Space Launch System, Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle and Launch Services programs.
As a member of the Launch Control System (LCS) Simulation team, candidates will perform as modelers in the development of a large scale Command and Control system for both launch and vehicle processing. Under general supervision, the candidate will design, construct, and test complex, detailed physics based simulation models of Ground Support Equipment using MATLAB/Simulink. MATLAB/Simulink tools & Scripts will be used to convert the models to source code. Candidate will apply a comprehensive knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of model and software development in order to complete difficult assignments. Work activities include preparing documentation to include detailed charts and diagrams to assist in problem analysis and VV&A activities. Candidate will utilize specified development methods, processes, and approaches working within an assigned area of responsibility, and while participating in work group efforts. Candidates will be responsible for development/updates to Simulation catalogs. Concurrence for PLC files that integrate with models. Candidate will also be required to perform other job duties as assigned in order to accomplish goals and objectives of the Simulation Team and Control & Data organization as a whole.
Requires a Bachelors degree or higher in computer or system science, information technology or a related discipline from an accredited college or university and ten (10) years of relevant industry experience with software development/programming. Relevant training and/or certification may be substituted for a portion of the experience requirement.
· Experience with C , Python, Java, Perl and/or XML.
· Experience with the construction of simulations in professional or academic environment.
· Experience with programming experience in PLC programming, MatLab, and Simulink.
· Ability to read and work from schematic drawings of equipment.
· Experience with KSC's Launch Control System software development
· User level proficiency in Linux.
· Experience in a space related field.Essential Functions
- Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing.
- Physical requirements are: sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures.
- Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
- Work will mainly be done inside, but fieldwork can be a combination of outside and inside depending on the project.
- Working at heights and in confined spaces may be required.
- Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility.
- Climbing ladders and platforms will be necessary.
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company safety standards.
Equipment and Machines
- Computers and printers used for producing reports and schedules.
- Variety of equipment may be used.
- Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday.
- Position may require occasional overtime including weekend work depending on task.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Shift work may be required.
Other Essential Functions
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
- Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must comply with all “drug free workplace” requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
- Government security clearance may be required in the future.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional, or local law.