Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Jacobs isseeking a qualified Information Technology (IT) professional to support theUSSOCOM SITEC II Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (EOM) contract. Yourcareer at Jacobs enables USSOCOM to fulfill its mission to “Provide fullycapable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and itsinterests and synchronize planning for global operations against terroristnetworks.” As a member of our team, you will support the vice president of theEnterprise Operations Group (EOG) as we partner with SOF military and civilianmembers to provide world-class IT services and support that connects over60,000 users around the world in the areas of software development/maintenance,network services, security, end-user computing, and test and evaluation.
The Network Engineer(NE) performs tier three transport support in accordance with the SOCOMInformation Enterprise (SIE) Operational Order (OPORD). In addition to in-depth technical knowledgeof the Government's transport system (hardware and software), the NE must bedetail oriented and have advanced troubleshooting and analytical skills. The NE tests and analyzes elements of networkfacilities, including power, software, security features, communicationsdevices, communications lines, modems and terminals. The NE is responsible for the overallintegration of the enterprise network as well as planning, modeling,simulation, design, installation, maintenance, management and coordination ofthe network. The NE monitors andcontrols the performance and status of network resources by using software andhardware tools, aswell as by identifying and diagnosing complex problems and factors affectingnetwork performance. The NE keeps his orher technical skills updated and studies vendor products to determine thosewhich best meet the Government's needs. The NE provides guidance and direction for junior network supporttechnicians Candidate must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite(2013/2016)
- Providing On-Call or after hours support to provideexpert recommendations for troubleshooting issues
- Engineering enterprise data, voice and video networks
- Establishing and operating network test facilities
- Maintaining a secure transfer of data to multiplelocations via internal and external networks
- Working with vendors, the Government, carriers andtechnical staff on network implementation, optimization and ongoing management
- Providing high-level support and technical expertise innetworking technology, including LAN/WAN hardware, switches, bridges androuters
- Ensure proactive engagement in Incident Managementprocess, working with cross-functional teams to minimize the impact of networkservice outages
- Build operational Operations and Maintenance (O&M)checklists to maintain the service (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly O&Mchecklists); build Tactics, Techniques and Processes (TTPs) and StandardOperating Processes (SOPs) associated with service checklists
- Generating various reports as needed
- Testing and documenting network configurations andperformance
- Managing and validating network security configurations
- Reviewing network standards and trends to identify andrecommend operational improvements
- Briefing senior leaders on network status, issues, andrecommendations
- Mentoring and leading junior network personnel
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Description: Increasingly complex andprogressive experience in computer systems and network engineering
Description: Specialized experience related to thecandidate's assigned task
Employment iscontingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframespecified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintainingrequired certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure toobtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification forthis position and could result in termination.
- CCNP Routing and Switching
- DoDD 8570.01-M IAT II or higher
Preferred Education: Associates orBachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in an IT-relatedfield.
- Work will be performed inside a largefacility. Work assignments vary based on client requirements. Position couldrequire some night and weekend work.
- Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC orlaptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying computer equipment,boxes of supplies or files up to 55 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while onPC/laptop or phone.
- General office equipment, which includes:telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous officeequipment. Servers, routers and other computer equipment used in networkoperations.
- Work assignments dependent on requirementsby the client. It is important to be able to work at least 8 hours a day for 5days per week (Monday through Friday).
- On-Call or after hours support to provideexpert recommendations for troubleshooting issues will be required.
- You may be asked to continue performanceduring inclement weather or other conditions when others are not permitted towork
- You may be asked to continue performance insupport of a war, contingency or exercises
- Continental and Oversees travel may berequired. It is important to maintain acurrent passport
- Employment is contingent upon obtaining allrequired certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by thegovernment (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through theduration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certificationswill result in disqualification for this position and could result intermination.
- Candidate must exhibit a professionalbehavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivityin the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate,prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressureenvironment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to workeffectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel atall levels. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at alllevels of the organization. Grooming and dress usually business casual, butdependent on client's standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employeesworking in the same general area.
- The position for which you are applying forrequires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that shouldyou be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen ofthe US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will berequired to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.