Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Support Specialist I - Guard I
at Jacob's Studio
Jacobs Technology provides overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. These tasks will support the International Space Station, Ground Systems Development and Operations, and the Space Launch System, Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle and Launch Services programs.
- Duties involve serving at a fixed access control point and/or making rounds on foot or by motor vehicle.
- Perform access control to critical facilities or processing areas by positive identification of personnel and confirmation of their possession of required credentials.
- Control access to hazardous operations through badge exchange to assure maximum personnel participation and emergency accountability.
- Communicates emergency situations to First Responders and security management.
- Observe and report violations of laws, regulations, policies, or procedures.
- Maintains comprehensive daily security logs.
- Completes detailed Security Incident Reports.
- Assists visitors and customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional, or local law.
Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office products, Internet browsers, and outlook.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, if necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Will be required to climb stairs.
- Will be required to wear hearing protection, eye protection and other associated personal protective equipment.
- Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing.
- Physical requirements are: sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures.
- Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
- Will be required to work inside and outside throughout the test complex.
- Position may require daily individual to travel to different areas on site.
- Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility.
- Climbing ladders and platforms may be necessary.
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company safety standards.
Equipment and Machines
- Computers and printers used for producing reports and schedules.
- Part-time shift work hours (1st, 2nd, 3rd shifts)
- Position may require occasional overtime
- Must be dependable and punctual.
Other Essential Functions
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
- Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must comply with all “drug free workplace” requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
- Government security clearance may be required in the future.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.